What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dyerianapanaroma.jpg

A panoramic view of my ever-climbing N. dyeriana.

DSC_1943-2.jpg

N. truncata

DSC_1941-2.jpg

A young N. veitchii x fusca pitcher.

DSC_1942-2.jpg

Lid of N. thorelii x truncata.

DSC_1939-2.jpg

N. truncata x veitchii a classic.

DSC_1938-2.jpg

A freshly opened N. veitchii 'Bario'. It'll colour up in the days to come.

DSC_1935-2.jpg

Here's an EP hybrid I don't often see in many forums. N. truncata x (ventricosa x aristolochioides). The peristome is quite a hottie :-O

DSC_1934-2.jpg

Northiana has been sulking a lot for me recently till now.

Thanks for viewing!

Wow!! The north is beautiful. Great pics.

awesome northiana.
Do you grow the veitchii HL in the same conditions as the northiana?
If so, what would those day, night, and humidity conditions be?

That dyeriana is just bouta beast by now isn't it. :D I love watching people's plants grow up. Great stuff as always, keep up the good growing.

Nice work on the northiana! Don't move it and it'll become a monster in no time.

Mass if he is growing a North along side a highland veitchii, I definitely want to know how!

awesome northiana.
Do you grow the veitchii HL in the same conditions as the northiana?
If so, what would those day, night, and humidity conditions be?

Mass if he is growing a North along side a highland veitchii, I definitely want to know how!

I've never taken the temperature reading of my area, but the back of my house is a forest and hills. Not just a small patch of forest, but possibly a climax community of a lowland tropical forest. So I do have a constantly humid environment. I do believe that my night temperatures usually reach near the intermediate temperature levels though it depends on the season in my country (monsoon or hot and dry).

For me, north doesn't seem to mind having cooler than lowland temps as long as it's humid. Like i mentioned, it didn't pitcher for me a long time until i moved the pot a feet to the left with less shade from other plants. This pitcher shortly formed afterwards. The same goes for the veitchii 'Bario'. It's definitely not HL because it keeps growing steadily even in day temps exceeding 30C. Humidity is definitely a key factor here as I always notice north and veitchii pitchers that form hanging mid air tend to abort compared to those resting on moist soil.

Another observation I would like to share is that many of my intermediates/HL plants that have ferns/weeds growing in their pot seem to grow faster and more healthily. Perhaps the media which dries faster is a benefit. The only drawback of this is more frequent watering and keeping an eye on the invasive plants from actually smothering the nep.

That dyeriana is just bouta beast by now isn't it. :D I love watching people's plants grow up. Great stuff as always, keep up the good growing.
Thanks Dex! It's a huge encouragement for my dyeriana to reach this size and I can't wait for the other plants to reach this big in the years to come :)

P.S It is the monsoon season now in my country so night temps are definitely cool (no idea of the exact temp).

thanks for the info brotha

Back