What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supposedly, I was to spend 3 days 2 nights at my grandparents house. It ended up being extended till 5 days 4 nights :eek: so when I returned home, I was literally overcame with worry for my neps!

Thankfully, the only casualties were a few seedlings of my mirabilis var globosa. On a less serious matter, it appeared my lowii x campanulata (which had aborted 2 pitchers straight in a row ???) nearly suffered a dry out. A few other guys seemed to have stopped growing, so I expect a bounce back from them next month. Still, thankfully, none died! :-D

There were some pleasant surprises though:-
005-13.jpg

N. x Ventrata
007-10.jpg

N. truncata
008-7.jpg

N. rafflesiana 'Typical'
010-10.jpg

N. x (glandulifera x boschiana). The slightly deformed lid and mouth is because this was one of the few plants that nearly had a dry out.
011-8.jpg

N. hookeriana (MT's cultivar)
012-7.jpg

N. alata (MT)
014-7.jpg

N. mirabilis. This is a wild plant. FYI, I did not poach this plant, it was bound to be destroyed along a hillside road due to construction (that area is inaccessible right now) and was the only single plant there that time. A colony of mirabilis about 1-2km away also had these red upper half pitchers.

And now, for some of my old time favourites:-
006-10.jpg

N. sibuyanensis. (what are you doing in my territory, tendril?)
009-10.jpg

N. x (thorelii x truncata) (EP)
013-7.jpg

N. bicalcarata
015-5.jpg

And a Cattleya orchid blooms for me while I was away. If anyone can ID this orchid, I'll be glad (not that I expect it though, I've been getting comments about so many orchid hybrids being unidentifiable)!

Thanks for viewing!

Very nice! Man I wish i could grow raffs and bicals

Some new additions i got yesterday:-

001-10.jpg

N. x (lowii x truncata 'wide peristome') [EP]
003-14.jpg

N. sumatrana
004-15.jpg

Got this P. primuliflora for free despite the fact that I find pings drab :-))
006-11.jpg

S. flava in the same pot with S. leucophylla.

New year 2012 also means I'll have to budget more and spend a lot less on my CPs :-( tis be the year where I wait for everything to mature.

Man that is quite a mix of plants you have there. N. sumatrana is sooo :drool: :cry:

It will be interesting to see how well you grow plants like lowii x truncata alongside N. bicalcarata, sumatrana, rafflesiana, etc.

Very nice plants all around!

Thanks Dex! IMO, the intermediate species and hybrids do exceptionally well with my lowland hybrids and species.

I just can't wait for my sumatrana to achieve THIS:-
382889_10150486948364961_650854960_8848428_517492362_n.jpg

This was taken by me at the vendor's nursery whom I got my sumatrana from.

Ditto. Can't wait for my sumatrana seedlings to grow up. They're moving right along though.. speedy little buggers.

nice sumatrana they gotto have some of the best colour pitchers,and stripes ,i would consider getting one but i hear they are serious lowlanders,great post and i enjoyed your nuserey post thanks for sharing

Corky, welcomed! @ mass, wait till 6 months later, watch out for my sumatrana! :lol:

Chinese New Year is just a week away for me, so pictures of red is a must! :-O

002-11.jpg

004-16.jpg

N. x Ventrata
006-12.jpg

N. mirabilis 'red'
009-11.jpg

024-3.jpg

N. sibuyanensis
017-6.jpg

019-2.jpg

N. ampullaria 'red & striped'
028-2.jpg

N. x Miranda

Some guys decided to celebrate CNY as well too...so ???
010-11.jpg

N. x Hookeriana (MT)
013-8.jpg

N. truncata 'lowland'
012-8.jpg

N. x Ventrata upper
021-4.jpg

N. thorelii x truncata
023-2.jpg

N. alata (MT), this one has fantastic lid patterning
025-2.jpg

N. lowii x truncata (EP)

Some other CPs and non CPs couldn't resist the temptation of watching a lion dance that's coming soon and decided to hijack the thread :lol:
027-2.jpg

Dendrobium hybrid
030-1.jpg

D. burmanii and D. paradoxa
031-2.jpg

D. muscipula 'Akai Ryu/Red Dragon'

Enjoy!

That mirabilis looks like a cigar with lips.. :p

N. sumatrana looks insane! So fat and red!

It's been a while since I've been busy, but I thought I'd to a little update. Did a minor modification to my shadehouse by removing the side shade cloth to allow more light in. So far, it seems my plants a liking it albeit I need to water a little more frequently :-D

Starting off with some classics:-
016-6.jpg

Good ol' N. x Dyeriana
021-5.jpg

Next foot tall pitcher just popped open.
017-7.jpg

N. x Miranda lying down ladylike :-))
007-11.jpg

N. truncata putting out some size and colour.
008-9.jpg

N. veitchii 'Hose Mountains'
009-12.jpg

One of my most favourite form of ampullaria, the all red one. The peristome gets a little striping too after the pitcher matures.
012-9.jpg

N. thorelii x truncata
010-12.jpg

N. glandulifera x boschiana

Some new guys in the limelight:-
015-6.jpg

SG N. rafflesiana 'typical' maturing.
019-3.jpg

A nice raff clone originating from BE. This one is a cutting.
013-9.jpg

MT's N. hookeriana clone.
003-17.jpg

N. mirabilis var globosa (N. viking), SG plant
004-18.jpg

This pitcher opened a few days ago and has yet to colour up.
006-14.jpg

N. maxima (f) x merrilliana. Vigorous and puts out bigger pitchers for every new one. Love it!
005-15.jpg

N. reinwardtiana var Samarindaensis on the left and SG N. boschiana originating from BE on the right.
002-13.jpg

Newest blood, N. clipeata x reinwardtiana. Only got this cream coloured pitcher plant last week! Can't wait for it to mature!

Thanks for viewing!

Love your nepenthes. Especially the amp, raff and globosa. Thanks for sharing pics.

Some quick snapshots (and first attempts at photoshop for colour enhance and image sharpening, please forgive if it's overdone :blush:)

001-15.jpg

N. ampullaria 'red, striped'

005-16.jpg

N. veitchii 'Hose Mountains'

008-10.jpg

N. x (truncata x veitchii H/L)

009-13.jpg

N. hirsuta

010-13.jpg

N. sibuyanensis finally pitchers after months of stubborn withdrawal :censor:

012-10.jpg

N. reinwardtiana var samarindaensis

014-8.jpg

N. x [maxima (f) x merrilliana]

Two snap shots that captured my eye today:-

014-9.jpg

Loving couple (Right-N. x [maxima (f) x merriilliana], Left-N. mirabilis var globosa 'Viking')

013-10.jpg

N. veitchii 'Hose Mountains' OR veitchii x fusca

a pleasure to view,thanks

haha.. that's one confused veitchii whatever it is.

Back