Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Berbidgea, jacquelineae, and jamban

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Berbidgea, jacquelineae, and jamban

How hard are these guys to grow? How tolerant are they of temps over 90? How tolerant are they of warmer nights?
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AFAIK they're all way highland plants and I think anything over 80 would be severely testing their patience.

http://www.michaelkevinsmith.com/nep...ure-Chart.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are a couple of graphs/charts indicating temperature ranges for various nepenthes, from cpuk forum:
    http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...opic=29981&hl=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thez you're full of useful links!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I imagine they grow like glabrata

My glabrata did fine with temps into the 80s and occasionally the 90s as long as it dropped down
    to around 60 at night.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jamban is probably the easiest out of the bunch---but much more expensive.
    jacq didnt pitcher for me the first 6 months of me having it, very finicky with temp/humidity fluctuations (i had a fan burn out, needed to wait for 5 days to get a new one, developing pitchers aborted within 2 days of not having the fan)
    burbidgeae does not keep more than 2 pitchers at a time and is a slow grower...

jamban is more of a cool intermediate while the other two are solid highlanders...
    imho, if you dont like long term projects and babying, than jacq and burbidgeae are probably not for you...
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, yup.. I printed those off and highlighted the plants I have... and kinda just ignore the temp ranges for the most part because I think my temperatures mostly coincide with most cool intermediate -> ultra highland plant ranges.

Jamban definitely likes it warmer; jacq and burbie might not appreciate 85+ for too long. IF you do bring them up to 85+ for a while, definitely *absolutely* make sure they get a temp drop down to 65-70 at night. A lot of cool intermediate/warm highlanders like jamban, platychila, vogelli, etc. will not pitcher if you don't get them up to at least 70 during the day, so be mindful of that.

--edit

Oh, and should you decide to get flava the same for it as jacquelinae, though it pitchers more readily. N.tenuis is even more a prolific pitcherer, but the cost is astronomical still If you want a spotted pitcher that likes it a little warmer, maybe try N.petiolata.. it seems to do well through warm weather. Or N.stenophylla.. but it definitely likes it warmer like jamban.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    burb for me is a weed growing by leaps and bounds with each leaf bigger than the last.....not the quickest grower but far from the slowest.....my jac in the same conditions, next to the burb, is not doing much of anything after 2 years....where its at is prolly 85 days, 55-65 nights depending what its like outside as that dictates whether the window nearest them is open......humidity around 80%

i dont grow jamban
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast