What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lil Stinkpot

Lucky Greenhorn
It's about time I make a show-off thread about something.

A couple weeks ago was the annual BACPS show & sale. I didn't get more than ten feet past the door before I blew my allowance about five times over. Wheee!

N. muluensis x lowii
294.jpg

293.jpg

N. ramispina
284-1.jpg

Love those red leaves!
283-1.jpg

N. mikei
275-1.jpg

N. maxima Watutau dwarf
271.jpg

Fuzzy!
273-1.jpg

N. spectabilis x aristolochioides
264.jpg

268.jpg

N. veitchii x platychila
233.jpg

234.jpg

An old favorite of mine has decided to finally put to some nice pitchers. N. thorelii x (x wittei)
246.jpg

N. singlana Belirang (got this one from a friend in Sebastapol)
324.jpg

323.jpg

Here's what this one will look like in a few years:

096.jpg

097.jpg

Fun stuff! :)

The leaves in the second photo of the N. veitchii x platychilla look like they're almost purple - black (awesome)! Can you get a shot of the whole plant?

I'm not sure if that's typical, sunburn, or stress from coming out of TC. But here it is. One leaf is purple, one is burned, and the rest are green.

I actually passed on the plant without a second glance, it was too green. but Josh prompted me to take another look, and to look again at the tag. Woah! I bought it.

Notice the fuzz. Those hairs are so strong, one actually stuck me on the trip home. It was a cactus-like experience.

235.jpg

I took a couple hundred pictures, these are just the best ones of them all. ;)

daaaang,.. nice Belirang! Hey, that rhymed. I'm poet and ddn't know it. :awesome:

I didn't see where you hid all those nice plants, Katie. :lol:

How did I not see your thread earlier?! OMG ah-maze-ing! :hail:

Those first few plants look mighty familiar. Glad to see they're doing so well @ your place.

Yammie plants!

cheers,
Frank

it's almost a masochistic pleasure to blow our allowance....besides, who doesn't like to live a little on the edge? ;P

I would definitely have fallen for that N. spect. X aristo., N. mikei and N. ramispina

Great choices there!

I didn't see where you hid all those nice plants, Katie. :lol:

It was before the show was started; I was helping bring in plants, and was shopping with each tray I brought in. Then, after we bought it all, snuck them out into the truck to wait.

How did I not see your thread earlier?! OMG ah-maze-ing! :hail:

Did-jya like that giant vent hybrid? I normally don't like vents, either, but that one stood out. Wish I could have bought it too, but it was expensive!

Those first few plants look mighty familiar. Glad to see they're doing so well @ your place.

Awww, thanks! Yes, they are all doing very well, and are growing happily. After I raised the humidity, they started doing really well. I'll update when I get more pitchers.

Back