For a number of years** I used various fungicides in an attempt to eradicate some fungal issues that were plaguing me (& not just the cheap fungi-resistant retail stuff --- some were over $100). Lessons:
- I did not enjoy dealing with toxic chemicals
- although treatments 'worked', the stuff always came back - eventually (& based on some research - it always seems to come back & the chemical companies plan for it)
- eliminating fungicide usage & inoculating media w/ Trichoderma has simplified my life
- with the exception of this one type of shroom (not that I'm good at differentiating), my fungal issues have mostly gone away ((as he knocks on wood))((repeatedly))
- if growing CPs required regular fungicide usage, I'd probably exit the hobby
** spent a lot of time pondering why none of the native CP stands I'd explored, seemed to be troubled by truly pathogenic fungi (the scope of these musings are beyond the mini-thread-hijacking I've already enacted (my apologies to Swords) and are probably best left to some future bar-side convo).