0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N. Ventricosa // N. Sanguinea

Here are some pictures i took from my two 1 1/2 yo neps
    Hop you like them

First the Ventricosa

N. Sanguinea

Both nep are kept at 80-90% humidity, 19-34Celsius (depends on the amount of sunlights)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good! Seeing your N. ventricosa makes me wonder if mine's sick or something...
    "The plants you grow, end up growing you."

My Grow List:
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123995

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnstuckinTime View Post
    Looking good! Seeing your N. ventricosa makes me wonder if mine's sick or something...
    You need to give them more love and by love i mean (humidity) thats what saved mine (bough it from a home depot haha)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnstuckinTime View Post
    Haha yeah I wondered the same thing. Mines 5 years old and doesn't look as good as this one. Great looking plant you have there auth..

Come To The Light. . . JB in Utah's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your Sang looks great.
    Although I'm not so sure that humidity has anything to do with the way the ventricosa looks, my two ventricosas are in great shape and their humidity is always low. I guess my lids don't last as long before they dry out though. Thanks for sharing.
    I should say something witty or remarkable but that would only prove my worth to society. To that I say meh!

The List That Grows. . . Utah Members Here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm always amazed by a nice looking N. ventricosa, I've grown all sorts of "difficult" Nepenthes species but somehow I've killed every form of N. ventricosa I've tried, Lowes store plants, gift cuttings, trades, nothing they all croak. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I've had them in warm humid LL conditions as yours are; dead, I've had them in cold humid HL conditions; dead.... I'm gonna probly give up on trying to grow N. ventricosa. LOL

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesomeness! Lovely lovely plants
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_OrchidGuy View Post
    Awesomeness! Lovely lovely plants
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    I'm always amazed by a nice looking N. ventricosa, I've grown all sorts of "difficult" Nepenthes species but somehow I've killed every form of N. ventricosa I've tried, Lowes store plants, gift cuttings, trades, nothing they all croak. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I've had them in warm humid LL conditions as yours are; dead, I've had them in cold humid HL conditions; dead.... I'm gonna probly give up on trying to grow N. ventricosa. LOL
    Well it might be a problem with the growing media? Mine are in 40% Orchids(coco fiber) mix and 60% Dead sphagnum moss. Make sure not to give them too much water, also (you probably did not but) DO NOT USE tap water, at chlorine and other minerals will kill the plant, use water Equivalent to Distilled water <=10 ppm RO (reverse osmosis) Also works great

Quote Originally Posted by JB in Utah View Post
    Your Sang looks great.
    Although I'm not so sure that humidity has anything to do with the way the ventricosa looks, my two ventricosas are in great shape and their humidity is always low. I guess my lids don't last as long before they dry out though. Thanks for sharing.
    Humidity sure helps keeping the lids healthy longer, in Indonesia and Malaysia humidity levels are high, that's why i keep my level high

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast