What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going on vacation, what to do?

mikefallen13

Mr. veitchii
Hello,
I'm leaving for vacation tonight but my only problem is I have nobody to water my neps. Because of this I think what I'm going to do is set them in shallow trays with about one inch of water (1/2" for plants with a mix with a lot of LFS in it) I'm only going to be gone for a week and they are going to stay in my mini greenhouse with the humidifier and fans running so humidity should stay pretty high. My neighbor will turn of the lights at night and refill the humidifier when empty. I would let my neighbor water them if but Id rather not risk losing over $500 in nepenthes from lack of water or too much. Do you think this would be OK because they might be a little wet but I'd rather them be slightly wet rather than bone dry or drowning. Your imput is appreciated!

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Oops! I accidentally posted twice could a moderator please remove one!

Back