Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: POTM July 2011 Winners!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congrats to the winners and everybody else who posted, all the plants looked nice this time
    I love lamp...

Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grats to all three winners. Each is just excellent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still can't believe veitchii x lowii took 10th. I'll be back!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My two cents:

First of all, thanks a bunch to all those that participate in the contest and especially mass for picking up Sirkristoff's torch.

Second, nicely done zhilin! A little surprised that N. jamban won, seeing as there have been some in the past that came out on bottom, but yours apparently rose to the top and met the challenge.

Third, N. truncata "black" is really beastly and definitely had the crowd's attention. I honestly think it would have won if you'd just taken a little more time in photographing it. It's still the winner in the big picture though, and we all know it, as it is probably the largest royal truncata out there at the moment.

Thanks for the kind comments!

Oh. And that's probably one of the smallest pitchers ever to have made the top three before.

Mass - yours really was a beautiful pitcher, to be fair there were MANY beautiful pitchers. Your's definitely has show stopping capacity.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awww.. shucks. Thanks buddy, your too kind. But I'll STILL BE BACK!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mass View Post
    Congratulations to our POTM July 2011 Winners!

3rd. Place ~ Neps_N_Things ~ N. truncata "Queen of Hearts" x "King of Spades"

Photobucket

OMG this is the biggest black truncata i've ever seen !!!(except BE)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad everybody liked it! I am completely fine with where it placed. Like Dex said I didn't really spend any time photographing it and the competition in July was really tough. Some of the plants that didn't even place this month were really great specimens that would certainly have placed or even won in a less competetive month. At the end of the day I'm just happy I get to look at this spectacular plant whenever I want (which has gotten even darker since this pic btw) and since it is just starting to show more mature characteristics I greatly anticipate seeing it grow even more. Thanks to everyone for posting your stunning plants for me to drool over throughout the month and thanks to Mass for setting all of this up. No matter whether they win or not I always appreciate every entry in the competition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How that awesome truncata didn't win, I'll never know. Oh, snap. Maybe I should have voted. LOL.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast