What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stubby and Stretch: A Tale of Two Pitcher Phenotypes

In our recent EP order, i had ordered a N. ventricosa x sibuyanensis, hoping for a plant that produced the squat tubby type pitchers.

When i received the plants, i found that i had been shipped two of them, one of them being an unexpected bonus.

The two pitchers forming on the first plant have the squat tubby pitchers i was looking for.

IMG_7226-1.jpg

IMG_7210-2.jpg

The second plant makes taller and narrower pitchers that much more resemble an oversized N. ventricosa pitcher, in both shape and coloring as well.

IMG_7218-3.jpg

Though slightly different, these two phenotypes are both beautiful and special in their own unique way.

dvg

I like the stubby pitcher. :3 Can't wait for it to open. Keep us updated!

I like as well the stubby pitcher, it looks really nice! :)

Those two show great promise! Funny thing is that they also sent me two plants of N. ventricosa x (ventricosa x xTrusmandiensis). One is pale and and tubby, the other is dark red with a striped peritome and more elongated.

Keep us updated!

Thanks for the comments guys.

Those two show great promise! Funny thing is that they also sent me two plants of N. ventricosa x (ventricosa x xTrusmandiensis). One is pale and and tubby, the other is dark red with a striped peritome and more elongated.

Keep us updated!

It's always a bonus to find those extra unexpected plants and basals when you receive new plants.

dvg

I, personally, am loving the elongated one more. But it will all come down to who's got the better peristome. ;)

The pitchers on these two plants have been inflating nicely since the first set of pics.

IMG_7251-1.jpg

IMG_7245-2.jpg

dvg

Back