What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have the following Nepenthes that I am looking to give away. There is a catch though: Preference will be given to those people who have given back to the community. The following is a list of available neps. Your request should include the order of preference for each nepenthes (with your most preferred nep at the top and your least preferred at the bottom). You should also state what you've given to the community in the past. This is not first come first serve, so I'll ultimately pick the people that I deem worthy and try to give them their nep of preference if possible.

This is a total and unconditional gift. No payment or reciprocation is expected. I'll even pay shipping.

The nepenthes available are:

1. (maxima x stenophylla) x truncata (about 5")
2. spectabilis x truncata (about 10")
3. maxima (female, about a foot tall)
4. copelandii (female, about 18" tall)
5. izumiae (about 3")
6. clipeata (eymae x clipeata) (about 5")

Good luck and thanks for sharing your good fortune with the rest of the community

Last edited:
I havent given anything (because i have nothing to give yet) but i would be glad to give in the future for one ;)

Oh my. You blew my giveaway out of the water. Thank you for the opportunity. I give away to the commuity (mostly on TF) as frequently as possible. If you want further details of my generosity I'll be happy to discuss them in private. Otherwise, i'd rather not gloat. If you can call giving stuff away for free gloating.

Really only interested in one of these two. If you find someone more worthy of them, no problem.
1. izumiae (about 3")
2. clipeata (eymae x clipeata)

3. copelandii (female, about 18" tall)
4. (maxima x stenophylla) x truncata (about 5")
5. spectabilis x truncata (about 10")
6. maxima (female, about a foot tall)

Oh my. You blew my giveaway out of the water. Thank you for the opportunity. I give away to the commuity (mostly on TF) as frequently as possible. If you want further details of my generosity I'll be happy to discuss them in private. Otherwise, i'd rather not gloat. If you can call giving stuff away for free gloating.

Really only interested in one of these two. If you find someone more worthy of them, no problem.
1. izumiae (about 3")
2. clipeata (eymae x clipeata)

3. copelandii (female, about 18" tall)
4. (maxima x stenophylla) x truncata (about 5")

I know you give stuff away. No need to PM me. :)

-B-

*vouches for dash*

Kudos to Brokken for the epic giveaway! May the nepenthes gods continue to be with you. Boogity boogity boogity amen!

Happy growing!

#2 please! :) then 6, 5, 4, 3, 1.

have given away a ton of pings, seeds, cephs and dews...oh and neps :)

thank you sir for your generosity.

Last edited:
Oh man! What a nuts giveaway!

I have given away a D. prolifera and some D. natalensis seed.

That is all... :( Though I don't have that many plants.

My order of preference:

1. clipeata (eymae x clipeata)
2. spectabilis x truncata
3. izumiae
4. (maxima x stenophylla) x truncata
5. maxima
6. copelandii

Sweet give away and I wish the best of luck to those who get the plants they are looking for!

I've taken my name off the list... good luck to everyone else :)

I do still provide a sassy personality to the chatbox :p

Last edited:
*also vouches for thez*

What what!!

2. spectabilis x truncata (about 10")
6. clipeata (eymae x clipeata) (about 5")
5. izumiae (about 3")
4. copelandii (female, about 18" tall)

I have given away several Sarracenia this year, also my previous ventrata giveaway. Previous years I have given away large boxes of utrics and dews. Butch can vouch for me. I remember one particular box I gave away contained over 15 different plants, granted they were dews and utrics i had at the time. I have also given away seeds for SASE in previous years.

I like the stripes like you do Mass. Don't have much as of now with stripes. It was rather hard to put the list in order. I would be happy no matter how it panned out.

Last edited:
http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121220
My only giveaway, sadly.
However, I gave away some venus flytraps to a member who did not own any, don't remember who... either mass or somebody else.

I know this isn't as many as everyone else, but if only I had time to create more plants then I would create more giveaways. However, this isn't always possible since I have alot of honor classes/AP classes I'm taking.

1. spectabilis x truncata (about 10")
2. clipeata (eymae x clipeata) (about 5")
3. (maxima x stenophylla) x truncata (about 5")
4. izumiae (about 3")
5. copelandii (female, about 18" tall)

Thanks for giving an awesome opportunity to tf.

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121220
My only giveaway, sadly.
However, I gave away some venus flytraps to a member who did not own any, don't remember who... either mass or somebody else.

I know this isn't as many as everyone else, but if only I had time to create more plants then I would create more giveaways. However, this isn't always possible since I have alot of honor classes/AP classes I'm taking.

1. spectabilis x truncata (about 10")
2. clipeata (eymae x clipeata) (about 5")
3. (maxima x stenophylla) x truncata (about 5")
4. izumiae (about 3")
5. copelandii (female, about 18" tall)

Thanks for giving an awesome opportunity to tf.

Hi Halt,

It's not so much the quantity or rarity but in the act and willingness to share. :) You have a good chance. :)

I have tried to give away several sarracenia divisions/seeds, but no one wanted em.
I haven't done any nepenthes giveaways simply because I dont have enough.
Would love it if you could add me to the list it would help me with my nep collection a lot!:)

Lance

Got links to the posts where you tried to give away the sarra divisions?

I have tried to give away several sarracenia divisions/seeds, but no one wanted em.
I haven't done any nepenthes giveaways simply because I dont have enough.
Would love it if you could add me to the list it would help me with my nep collection a lot!:)

Lance

Man! I would love to get in on this especially because I love to have the spec x trunc and the copelandii but sadly I haven't done a giveaway yet, oh well maby next time.

1.izumiae
2. spectabilis x truncata
3.maxima
4. copelandii
5. (maxima x stenophylla) x truncata
6. clipeata (eymae x clipeata)

Things I've given away?...let's see.....

D.alicea plants
A large mature S.dana's delight
P.moranensis
D.spatulata seeds
D.rotundifolia seeds
D.burmanii seeds
D.capensis seeds
Cephalotus seeds
N.ventricosa seeds
N.trichocarpa x viking seeds
N.viking x mirabilis seeds
N.gracilis seeds
.........and a partridge in a pear tree.

First off, thanks for your generosity!! This kind of thing is what makes this forum stand head and shoulders above several others that I visit.

As for give aways, I have not done any formal give aways here on the forum; however, have often included extras in my trades (nep cuttings and seedlings), as well as giving plants to local growers (one of which in on this forum) to develop additional interest in our hobby.

If I qualify I would be interested in plants in the following order:

2. copelandii (female, about 18" tall)
4. clipeata (eymae x clipeata) (about 5")
6. izumiae (about 3")

Thanks again for your generosity!

*vouches for exo*

As I am a new member here and my collection is barely 6 months old, I don't even qualify, so I won't ask. Shame, that.

Back