Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: nightsky's neps

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking great! I'm really fond of the spectabilis x aristolochioides upper.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know the setup well. I built a CP display for a grow shop in town here. I ended up going with the 145L, since they wanted something to extravagant. I've actually been thinking about using something else for my setup. Having humidity issues lately. I've got to constantly mist throughout the day to keep it above 70%. Without misting it holds steady at 70% throughout the day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexenthes View Post
    Looking great! I'm really fond of the spectabilis x aristolochioides upper.
    Oh I might have not been clear, the spec x aristo isnt an upper, but the ventricosa x inermis is.

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mass View Post
    I know the setup well. I built a CP display for a grow shop in town here. I ended up going with the 145L, since they wanted something to extravagant. I've actually been thinking about using something else for my setup. Having humidity issues lately. I've got to constantly mist throughout the day to keep it above 70%. Without misting it holds steady at 70% throughout the day.
    Yeah, humidity is the primary reason I got it. Ambient room humidity is about 15% here, so I've always had to grow my neps/heli's in some kind of contained space. This works great because the contained space is so big. But..I run through a gallon a day of RO water keeping it humidified. Plus, I have to do a once a day misting on top of that to keep the sphagnum around my helis alive. I can avoid the once a day misting if I keep the humidity really, really high, but then I'm pushing 2 gallons a day of RO through the humidifier, plus I started getting mold and mildew issues, so I think I've found a good balance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel your pain.. I'm running through 2 gallons of RO a day myself. PLUS I mist twice a day. Pretty sad just to get 80%. But I've got a whole walk-in dilly to deal with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Newly opened sanguinea with older sibling:

Newly opened "Red Leopard":

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where'd you score the N. sanguinea x ramispina? Very nice looking, I wonder if it has the rapid growth habit of pure N. sanguineas, they were some of my fastest old growers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking great!

I'm planning to do the same thing with the grow tent but a slightly larger one. Big enough to fit two of the 6' fold up tables. What do you get for temperatures in there? And with how many lights? I'll be keeping it in an unheated basement, so room temperature down there is only 60 on summer days and about 50 at night. Winter is about 10-15 degrees cooler.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I may ask.. where'd you get the sanguinea 'Purple'? Not really wide spread in the US. I finally got a cutting after 2 years of searching.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast