What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm going to have to buy one of these if I can find one. That is very beautiful.

Incredible plants, Nightsky! Can't wait for my robcantleyi to start producing more pitchers like that.

Gee, that N. robcantleyi's peristome looks like a cheese shredder :)

beautiful! yours is really taking after the Queen of hearts parent

Wow, what a beautiful pitcher!!!! I can't wait for mine to kick it into high gear.... Mine is still pretty small / slow.....

The peristome of N. robcantleyi reminded me of this:
brainbug.jpg

What is that?!?!

@Wire Man: It was the Brain Bug from Starship Troopers.

lol that bug brain looks like something else to me... but I wont go there

lol that bug brain looks like something else to me... but I wont go there

Haha, yeah my thought as well. Thanks for compliments all.

I love the look of the robcantleyi pitcher!
Looking fantastic!
I never was able to get a hold of one...
and now the prices are a bit too hearty for my pocket.

I always loved the coloring on the Queen of Hearts & would have loved just getting one of those.

Well, again, nice looking plant!
When you get bored with it, let me know! :-D

Good Growing!
:water:

Next up is veitchii x lowii. It's a vigorous grower for me. I love the contrast between the pitcher and peristome on a newly opened one.. As it ages, the peristome gets darker so the contrast isn't as good.

6854155573_8fa4ff1b48_z.jpg

6854155357_36f0cc6e2c_z.jpg

6854155161_abe41ec4f3_z.jpg

phenomenal plant nightsky! We absolutely -MUST- make it a point to cross this plant with my lowii x truncata at some point in the future, should gender allow it!

Oh man what a beautiful plant.. definitely hope to add this one to my collection one day

WOW! Really nice.. looks nothing like any of the veitchii x lowii I've ever seen though.

:rookwoot: always a great plant to see

Very pretty indeed.

a real beaut,looks very veitchii k to me

Thanks all. This is Wistuba's veitchii x lowii, 4 yrs old now. It doesn't show on the photo due to the harsh lighting, but there's just a few hairs hanging down from the lid.

Awesome lowii x veitchii. :) I have a tiny seedling but can only hope that mine will look that way someday! :)

Back