User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Do Nep Seed Germinate In Bunches?

Getting There...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do Nep Seed Germinate In Bunches?

So about 2 weeks ago I noticed the first 2 seedlings (after about a month or so) in a pot of nepenthes seed. I have another pot of identical seed next to it, and both pots appear to be mold free and healthy. However, it is 2 weeks later and those 2 seedlings are still the only ones.
    In people's experiences, will more pop up from time to time? Or are these probably the only two seedlings I'll get out of the 100 or so seeds between both pots?
    Thanks,
    Kyle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will probably get more...mine come up in sets....a few here, a few there...usually over the course of 2 months.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vbkid View Post
    So about 2 weeks ago I noticed the first 2 seedlings (after about a month or so) in a pot of nepenthes seed. I have another pot of identical seed next to it, and both pots appear to be mold free and healthy. However, it is 2 weeks later and those 2 seedlings are still the only ones.
    In people's experiences, will more pop up from time to time? Or are these probably the only two seedlings I'll get out of the 100 or so seeds between both pots?
    Thanks,
    Kyle
    Yes, they do arrive in bunches. I have had seed batches germinate over the course of an entire year -- from the first "arrival" at four weeks to others at over fifty . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei