Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and good luck!

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope so too! Hybrids with N. X Predator aren't that common...so far theres only one with N. Ventricosa.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updates

The N. hamata X Truncata flowers have shown some more browning on the ovarie tops and have elongated a tiny bit more.. so far this means pollination success. The same thing has been happening with the N. lowii X truncate flowers, plus the sticky dew has been going away.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well good luck with them! These will be some intresting hybrids if you get seed
    Good Growing!
    -Mike Fallen

My Growlist/wishlist: http://highlandtropicals.blogspot.co...-growlist.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updates!!

The ovaries have grown a lot more and gotten quite big

Photobucket

The no Id's are starting to get some shape to them before stretching out

Photobucket

The next flower is about to open up soon...

Photobucket

More updates to come soon!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay for updates!
    I know that N. Predator has been used but I am still not convinced it's a fertile hybrid. I have tried many many crosses with several different clones and have yet to get one stinkin seed..But I keep trying! I think your odds with it are low. You still have some time for the new buds to open so might be looking for other fresh pollen donors if you haven't already.

Hmm still scratching my head though Lance. I don't see the signs of successful pollination yet. When you have it you will know though.. It takes a month or so at least. The ovaries will elongate considerably. At least you have alot of flowers to work with though so I am sure you will get something to take!

Photo below of some pods... The group to the left of the string is the cross I was hoping for. The single pod to the right is a test pod I did at the same time so I could judge pod development in my other cross. You can see the difference between the two as well as compare to the surrounding unpollinated flowers after about 6 weeks after pollinating.
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pic! There was just recently a ventricosa X (truncata X hamata) on ebay...so Im not loosing hope yet! The N X Briggisiana pollen I used on the spathulata is already a created hybrid so while its still early later on ill at least have something to compare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updates!
    I lossed track of the seed pods for a while and focused on my flowering sarrs...and wow...just checked today and the seed pods are all now bigger than 1/4 of an inch! I guess when you don't watch the pot it will start to boil .

Photobucket

The largest pod (N. hamata X truncata) is just about 10-18ths of an inch

Photobucket

The rest of the N. X hamata X truncata pollen getting ready to be shipped off for a long distance relationship with a female N. tenuis in Poland...sweet!

Photobucket

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast