Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Nepenthes in vitro . . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi BigBella, my name is Ryan and I am newish to this forum and have been involved in in vitro propagation for a while now. Seeing this thread has sparked some real interest primarily with the N. villosa Tambuyukon variety. I am currently growing many seedlings in vitro of the N. villosa (Mt. kinabalu of course) variety, at this point I have counted maybe thirty or forty that have germinated as of today (2/9/2013). Anyhow, I was wondering if you would be interested in either trading some flasks or seedlings, I love villosa and I in particular would be very interested in the Tambuyukon variety. Well either way, it would be an honor to chat micropropagation with you some time, I have many questions and have enjoyed many of your threads and learned a lot! Thanks for your time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are a couple of shots of a particularly stubborn Nepenthes species -- finally beginning to multiply in vitro, after a succession of both media and plant growth regulators -- including 6-BAP and TDZ:

Nepenthes edwardsiana (Tambuyukon) 6 March

“Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop teasing me........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is yet another exercise in patience, especially for pokie22; and why those vials at the back of the shelf should be spared for another thirty days . . .

As I was rummaging through my jars with a magnifying loupe, and determining what needed to be transferred or even tossed, I decided to check upon some "hopeless" vials from last November. To my pleasant surprise, I saw several sprouts (only one of which is visible in this crappy photo), after only one hundred and sixteen days, especially after the lion's share germinated after four weeks . . .

Nepenthes rajah 15 March
    Last edited by BigBella; 03-15-2013 at 06:18 PM.
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBella View Post
    Here is yet another exercise in patience, especially for pokie22; and why those vials at the back of the shelf should be spared for another thirty days . . .
    Next thing, you will be telling me I need beta blockers, yoga classes, and a day off from lab. And I have patience, really I do. I am not as cruel as you portray me BigBella! Every culture is given their Jen process and after that, they simply await their demise. My motto in life: next .

Of course, if they are cute, furry, and cuddley, there might be some leniency in their sentencing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pokie22 View Post
    Next thing, you will be telling me I need beta blockers, yoga classes, and a day off from lab.
    Beta-blockers couldn't hurt -- that, and a little sunlight. . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those wretched UV rays will give me wrinkles. Although, in the summer time I am usually 4-5 shades darker. Where are you big fishies.....

Flame boy to the culture= Jen beta-blocker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i do like this.... i like it a lot.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My planned dalliance with patience is quiet costly - insofar as recapitulating infantilism.....

And in response to the bit about necessitating sunshine, I heard this song this morning and directly thought of your sagacious words BigBella. Especially those lyrics about "speedos" and "tanned cheeks"....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyx6JDQCslE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More strained beets for pokie22!

Damn it, woman -- the dedication!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast