What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few pitchters nothing special.

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
Ventrata
C000DDD6-orig-1.jpg

splendiana female
CCB2CB86-orig.jpg

E13EC54C-orig.jpg

vent 'Hot Lips'

EA433E2D-orig.jpg

I see you're taking good care of your Nepenthes, but what about your lawn?? However, if I'm not mistaken, that looks like a southern lawn. Hard to do anything with it when all the pine needles fall.

That really upsets me the focus goes from my neps to my lawn. Working 60 hr weeks and doing other stuff around her with three kids, I do what I can. Considering I just cleared that area of brush this spring, I think it's coming along. When you can do better on my budget let me know.

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

And FYI it's shaded by oak trees. No pines in my yard.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Not to mention the nursery inspector told me my hobby operation was one of the best and well grown he has seen. So I have priorities with my precious limited time. I already do enough work under flood lights. I'm not cutting grass or other yard work that way.

You're right. I shouldn't have paid any attention to your lawn. Your nepenthes look good as I mentioned in the previous post. Good growing!

Also, just noticed the oaks, my mistake.

great looking pitchers, do you have any problems with insects outside?

I have never had insect problems on my neps. Even with mealy bugs on my orchids on occasion. But maily no problems. When outside you also have natural controls to take care of bugs. And I will spray if I have to but that is rare.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Even then it is not for bugs on neps

JB, do you grow outside year long? Do you have some indoors too?

Lookin good JB!

Time management is never fun.....

Thanks for sharing!

Vb I have a GH I move them into during the winter. I will be posting pics of the GH soon. I'm still fiddling with it and working 60 hr weeks. So things move a lil slower. The only things that live outside year round are the sarrs and vft. And a could dews.

Back