What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If given a choice..

Hey guys, just wanna ask if you were given a choice to buy either a veitchii lowland and a maxima lowland both for the same price and are about the same size which would you get? I stay in typical lowland conditions so i would assume a maxima lowland would better than a veitchii..Anyway give your suggestions.Thanks

I'd say veitchii just because I have never grown it.

veitchii is flashier in my opinion...equipped with +10 permistone...maxima doesnt have that to offer...

veitchii lowland....better peristime...more interesting leaves.

veitchii.. cause I'm an addict.

N. maxima, because maxima is way more colorful and still has a pretty G peristome.

And vetchii is just...

???

I'd go with maxima. I like both, but N. maxima can have huge pitchers, amazing spotting, and always has a striped peristome. Some have massive peristomes, others don't. Plus it has true upper pitchers.

How about veitchii x maxima.You get the veitchii pitchers with the maxima colouration and the flared peristome.I purchased mine late last year and the uppers are fantastic.

I'd suggest maxima Ken. Since it's easier to grow and flowers faster. Then you get to cross it with other plants. However, veitchii is more rewarding when it pitchers, certainly more stunning with its peristome and well....harder to grow than maxima.

Eventually, the choice is yours :)

Back