1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And that plant has a sunburn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still don't believe its sun burn from fluro lights , they just any strong enough , have you light tested them against the sun light ?/ i did and no where near it !, sun burn turns the leaf black and it dies almost mediately , you look to have brown markings there , , in my experience is usually low light , low humidity or low temps , one both or all like this

not sun burn but low light and cold temps.

you said the plant was high land , but i can not fine this reference , can you show me the reference to it being high land please
    is this the plant you are refering too

ref.
    http://cpphotofinder.com/nepenthes-x...ades-3950.html

will be away for 5 days now to cephalotus land on a field trip , please wait till i get back to discuss this more thanks
    J

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both parents of this cross are forms of the Pasian HL form of N.truncata...I'm sure you've heard of it.

And the first time I had this type of sunburn, it was on a sunny windowsill...iturns out it was from a shaded GH.....this is a second time....and it happened only after I moved the plant closer to the lights...ambient humidity is 70-80%, temps are 78F day, 65F night. The plant has experienced even colder temps without issue in the past...as I said, only happens in a certain distance of the lights, and my normal pasian truncata has had the same issue in the past.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Omg
    You will be making a fieldtrip photo thread, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exo View Post
    Both parents of this cross are forms of the Pasian HL form of N.truncata...I'm sure you've heard of it.
    now im curious as well...do you have a source to cite exo? because i havent seen any information stating that 1) queen/king parents were pasian and 2) they are of highlander origin. all that i DO know about the parents is that they represented a rare possible subspecies of truncata, and the chances of them syncing like this was a very rare event, which enables the immediate persistence of the possible subspecies.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well just Heading off now , so will catch up with you all when i get back and yes will have loads of data , and pic's and vid , , but i must say in all my trips to Mlaysia and Boenreo .i have never seen a sunburnt nep yet , some scragy and climate beeten up ones yes , but never sunburnt, and thats in full sun in 40c direct sun in Bako park too !! so floros hhmmm sorry dont think so , any how will thrash it out with you when I get back OK , friendly only ok do want to get out of hand ok just friendly great tec discussions look forward to it
    see ya all
    J

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See ya snapper, can't wait for the pics and video!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amphirion View Post
    now im curious as well...do you have a source to cite exo? because i havent seen any information stating that 1) queen/king parents were pasian and 2) they are of highlander origin. ...
    Like Exo, I'd 'heard that the seedlings were of highland origin (but had not heard the Pasian part). I followed the links from the 1st thread here on Terra to the one on the Nep forum to the one that matters on BE website. This last link has a bunch of good pics & good info - lots of which I did not know. Happy reading. (yes - these plants are of HL origin according to Rob - specifically ~6k ft / 1.7k meter).
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast