What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some N.rajah from a Borneo trip

Hi been to Borneo many times see many thousands of nep's in low and hig land conditions , . like to share a few with you , if you want more let me know have heaps of great shots here from all over Borneo
J

P1010646.jpg

the Mesilau Valley from the town of Kundasang the valley below Mt Kinabalu way in the back ground
P1010653.jpg

a bit closer , the timbered ridge second one up from the bottom is the mesilau trail ridge
P1010655.jpg

closer still start to get some sense of how big it is
P1010666.jpg

Mt kinabalu from upper road HQ side of Mt.kinabalu
P1010674.jpg

unopened rajah pitcher , just a small one
P1010675.jpg

P1010680.jpg

some in natural habitat
P1010691.jpg

a good size pitcher getting bigger
P1010693.jpg

bucket size pitchers
P1010703.jpg

looking back up to Mt Kinabalu from the nepente garden Mesilau upper valley
P1010713.jpg

young plants the type of soil they grow in ,its called ultramafic soil ??
P1010715.jpg

now here is the bigest rajah pither I have seen, its newly open so will expand another 20% easy as all mine do here at home
P1010724.jpg

another thumper pitchers , there are hundreds of these around here

ok that will do hope you find these interesting, 2 people on this forum was on the last trip I did too, dont know if they have shared any pic's with you all before ??
J

Last edited:
Awesome! You're so lucky to get to go on trips like that.
I'll gladly soak up any pics you see fit to share with us! :)

:awesome: Thanks for sharing these pics. 'Tis very cool indeed.

How close to home that is for me....:lol:

When was this trip, snapperhead? And OF COURSE WE WANT TO SEE MORE PICTURES!!! :)

Hi Edward o yes just a 2 hour flight for you hay , you better get over there and take some pic's to , i was there only last Nov for 3 weeks or so i think or may be 2 hhmm yer 2 weeks , trip before was 3 weeks the 2009 trip that was , love this place know it well Kota Kinabalu city can find my way round very easy been there so many times :-D
J

Last edited:
Another Malaysian here! :) Sigh...It's a probably and hour or two flight journey there and yet i've never visited my own countries mountain :) Have to set a date for myself to one day climb it.

BTW great pictures of this beautiful nep rajah :) Thanks for sharing hope theres more

Very cool. Those are some huge pitchers! :awesome:

Thanks for posting!

MASSIVE! Couldn't imagine seeing that in the wild..

Great pics John! You're making lots of people jealous :) We would love to see more pics from your Nepenthes expeditions!
Richard

Wow!!!! I am so jealous.. It is my dream to visit Borneo!! A long time dream of mine. Thanks for sharing!

Wow those are incredible! I can't wait until my N. Rajah gets to a decent size. :lol:

You are sooo lucky to be able to go and visit those places. Ugh! I so wish I could be right there observing those!!

wow, what an awesome opportunity it is to see these plants in nature just thriving.

wow. very nice John! thanks so much for sharing!

That is really really awesome.

As many pictures as you have, go ahead, lay em on us. I'd love to see them all.

fantastic

Amazing! More please!!!

HOLY CRUD! :0o:

:drool: Have you visited any of the toothy species like macrophylla, villosa, or eddie?

Back