What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V-Boss!

This is one of my favorite hybrids.

Between the great coloring on the pitcher,

IMG_0305-1.jpg

with those red speckles,

IMG_0327-1.jpg

and the wonderful sweep to the pitcher...

IMG_0309-1.jpg

this N. veitchii x boschiana pitcher already has a feather in it's cap, much before the peristome even rolls around to showing itself off. ;)

dvg

Post when it opens, I don't think I've seen that cross before, but I like N. boschiana a lot, even if mine are not very impressive yet (still young).

This thing should be very showy. Post pics as soon as it opens.

It's got the boschiana dominance in it albeit a wider peristome. dvg, which clone was this plant from? I've seen seed grown plants, the peristome's feature depends mostly on the veitchii parent. Have yet to see a striped veitchii x boschiana ;)

This plant is EP's N. veitchii (HL) x boschiana, and i'm not sure if this one is seed grown or not, though i wouldn't be surprised if it was.

I also have Wistuba's clone of this cross, and that is a very nice one as well.

dvg

I don't have much liking for neps :( don't see what every one see in them, but that only means that I'm missing something ...

I don't have much liking for neps :( don't see what every one see in them, but that only means that I'm missing something ...

Don't feel too badly there Gill Za; at one time i felt much the same way you do about Neps.

But you'll probably find that if you stick around long enough in this hobby that the Neps will grow on you, and once you start to get a feel for them, they'll lure you in and then you'll find yourself just as hopelessly enamoured with them as the rest of us Nep enthusiasts.

dvg

Don't feel too badly there Gill Za; at one time i felt much the same way you do about Neps.

But you'll probably find that if you stick around long enough in this hobby that the Neps will grow on you, and once you start to get a feel for them, they'll lure you in and then you'll find yourself just as hopelessly enamoured with them as the rest of us Nep enthusiasts.

dvg

dvg,

My sincerest apologies, I did not mean to post on your particular thread. My post was for : which cps do you dislike thread, and I guess I was so sleepy yesterday that I accidentally posted it here. Again, my apologies I did not want to pollute your thread.

gill_za

dvg,

My sincerest apologies, I did not mean to post on your particular thread. My post was for : which cps do you dislike thread, and I guess I was so sleepy yesterday that I accidentally posted it here. Again, my apologies I did not want to pollute your thread.

gill_za

Haha, no worries Gill_Za.

I realized later that you probably meant to post in that other thread.

.............................................................................................................

And another quick update of this pitcher.

It's opening.....

IMG_0386-veitchiixboschiana.jpg

dvg

dvg your very right the N.boschana makes super hybrids have quite a few different ones here , , but this pitcher did not come up so well , don't know if it got damaged or what , so when you get yours open and hardened up, show me the peristome please , because as it is getting larger the peristome seems to be deforming some what

P1120471.jpg

the boschiana pitcher is quite plane ,compared to other pitchers

P1120475.jpg

but add lowii to boschiana x veitchii and just love this one , the colour , shape and speed at which is grows too

P1120479.jpg

P1120480.jpg

I think the hybrids with it in are stunning for sure
J

Very nice there Snapperhead!

Is your first pic there the Wistuba clone of this N. veitchii x boschiana cross?

It looks very similar to the photos i've seen of the Wistuba cross and i like that one very much as well.

This pitcher opening for me is the EP cross and i think it may be seed grown, because a lot of the EP material offered is seed grown.

I had a quick peek inside of the opening lid and it appears that this peristome is striped, so i'll post some pics once this peristome unfurls more.

dvg

A thing I notice about boschiana hybrids, the boschiana genes always lend their colouration, their vigorousity and their nice slender pitcher shape. Makes their hybrids very nice if the other parent is stunning, especially with the peristome.

This is precisely why I recently acquired a BE seed grown boschiana, I'm hoping that I can cross it with my veitchii bario striped :-))

dvg
the hybrid is from exotica , Geoff Mansell , i can not get plants in from over seas because of our import laws, so most of our hybrids come form Geoff, luckily he makes great hybrids for us here , we are very great full he works his magic for us , we do have a few other guys doing them but not on the scale of Geoff, similar to Rob's great stuff to , only wish we could get a lot of Rob's plants in here well more of them any how

J

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

A thing I notice about boschiana hybrids, the boschiana genes always lend their colouration, their vigorousity and their nice slender pitcher shape. Makes their hybrids very nice if the other parent is stunning, especially with the peristome.

This is precisely why I recently acquired a BE seed grown boschiana, I'm hoping that I can cross it with my veitchii bario striped :-))

I agree Edward very much so 100%
J

A shot from today,

IMG_0456-2.jpg

dvg

Amazing!!

WOW terrific!!! Love the coloration differences!
Thanks for sharing!

:spazz: that's the best I've seen! EP sure does pump out the best of these hybrids!

newly opened , hard to tell just yet but looks like there may be a bit of differnce in my clone and the one you have , ( mainly the maxima front lip rise look at the front of your pitchers peristome ) , will be interesting to see if it remains or flows back into the peristome
please post again when the pitcher hardens up , looking very good colour and shape for sure
J

I see an elegance and beauty that sarrs, flytraps, and sundews don't have. I love my sarrs and other outside CPs, but you gotta admit the leaves along with the pitchers of neps adds so much more beauty to the eye and I really enjoy looking at them...but heck, anything that has a pitcher, toothed traps, dewy leaves, and eats bugs, I like em. :-D

Back