What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear lowii x truncata..

I like the way you think.

Exactly! I'm only about 9 months into this hobby and it's already out of control.

Time to resurrect this thread, for the sake of seeing how these new lowii x truncata releases are doing...
N. lowii x truncata Wide Peristome from EP showing some promise and exudate
DSC_0685-1.jpg

DSC_0683-1.jpg

DSC_0682-1.jpg

and my original cross that i just received
DSC_0680.jpg

Here's one of mine. The other is still recovering from broken growth point. I dropped it while unpacking. D'OH!

lowiixtruncatawp1.jpg

Kris: Are you sure that the plant you just received is the original BE cross ? Looks a little green.

Brokken you mean the original ep cross? I'm positive, this came from Lazarus and he's posted pics of it for many years, plus the remnants of the previous growth points (stems as thick as a broom handle) lol

Wow, that was an awesome find then. :) Can't wait to see colored up pitchers from that baby. :)

Brokken - this is as much as this clone will color up AFIK
Here are a couple of pics by Lazarus back before he chopped the vine
IMGP0001.jpg

IMGP0030.jpg

I'm going to buy one just from this pic! Nice Alex004.

Update on the lowii x truncata wide peristome
c357019a.jpg

I'll have an update on the original soon as it is inflating a trap :)

Wow got to love how the first one has the lowii look and truncata size. I wonder if the wide cross will do similarly when it gets large.

Here you go Travis... Idk why it took me so long to find this thread...
c5111c4e.jpg

Back