What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month Contest: December 2011

PITCHER OF THE MONTH CONTEST December 2011

CONTEST BEGINS TODAY!

Rules of Entry:
1. Only ONE (1) PITCHER per member may be entered in any particular month.
2. All pictures must be taken in the month of entry into the contest.
3. All entries must be clearly identified.
4. Entries are restricted to cultivated plants.
5. Contestants may post as many times and as many pictures of their entry as they like until contest closing on 12/31/11
6. Sequential pictures showing opening of a pitcher are fine as long as all pictures are taken within the month of the contest.
7. If, for some reason, a single pitcher cannot be isolated and a group shot is necessary, then the particular pitcher entered must be clearly identified in your post.
8. Plant must have been grown by owner at least six months prior to photo.
9. Any plant(s) that have finished in the top 3 may not be reentered again for the following 90 days.
10. Times of Contest and Poll openings and closings are to be understood as EST.
11. Judging by forum members and guests in a poll opening on 01/01/12, closing 01/07/12 and using the Condorcet Internet Voting Service (Beatpath/Schulze/CSSD completion rule). The THREE (3) most popular entries (according to "proportional representation") will be considered "Winners" and the top 3 places will be posted in the 'Hall of Fame" sub-board.
** Please remember to clearly identify your entry!!**

Contest will be closed on Dec. 31st at 5:00PM EST
Good luck!!

Think this is as good as it's gonna get this month.. N. truncata x veitchii HL

IMG_9286.jpg

IMG_9291.jpg

001-7.jpg

N. x (thorelii x truncata) (EP) ;)

Truncata 'pasian highland'
100_3657.jpg

100_3656.jpg

100_3658.jpg

Last edited:
holy red truncata Batman!! :hail:

Oh, I like that a lot. Never seen one that red before.

think December is shaping up to be the month-O-truncata.

N. Truncata Q x K

Well I tried to get some good pictures of my royal Truncata today in natural sunlight but it wasn't easy! We had things to do, so I took the plant outside for about two minutes and took a few shots! It was only about 35 degrees. If we get some better days I will try and get more decent pictures of the whole plant. Comparing the pitcher to other pitchers on the plant it still will get darker, just takes time. Royal truncatas ROCK!!!
Thanks for looking.
JMatt

dsc06041da.jpg

dsc06042y.jpg

19842357.jpg

84749110.jpg

I do actually :blush: I have uranium ore and trinitite. I really want to get pure uranium, I used to collect minerals and elements... then went to tarantulas, I have always been collecting cps since I was 5 though.

I'm not too sure of that, you have a very beautiful plant there!!!
I have a pasian highland that has never looked as red as yours!
I'm sure there will be a few more beauties on here before the end of the month too.
I would like to win just like anybody. If I don't, no problem. It's all in good fun.
JMatt

I have some Uranium ore too. It's something my dad had for a while.

I wonder if that counts as perishable... It expires in 4.5 billion years. ???

Starting to think I need a royal truncata.. Just wish the peristome had some more color to it.

i think it makes up for the lack of colour with total coolness,can't have everything

Back