Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: N. campanulata appreciation thread!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very interesting! It really is a beauty! All the campy [actually N. campanulata] x truncata here in the US that I've seen have been green and boring. You seem to have gotten quite a gem. Congrats!
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-05-2015 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Nomenclature
    NCSU's Carnivore Nut
    Original President of the CCPS & Co-Founder
    Mason M.
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, Mason I just found a link showing the truncata and campanulata clones used to make this hybrid. I found it very interesting and thought some of you guys might wanna check it out too, so here it is: http://lhnn.proboards.com/thread/2189

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Botanical description of N. campanulata...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm back! After 2 years (I killed my Camp [actually N. campanulata]seedlings) I have now acquired another plant. Hope this one makes it. The cloudy pic is because of the plastic bag the plant is in. It has already started to grow and is trying to make a pitcher. Looks good, even it has been only 2 weeks.

I've just read that Camp[N. campanulata] is not easy to grow. So we'll see... Didn't know it would be challenging although I'm not a beginner either

Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-05-2015 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Nomenclature
    Looking for N. Campanulata hybrids. Also would like to grow some nepenthes from seed. Growlist/pic thread: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Pete-s-plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You killed all the seedlings
    Come to me flies and crawling bugs. This plant wants to give you great big hugs
    Aren't I pretty, don't I smell good? I'd come to you if I could
    But I can't so you must come to me, I'm sure we will get along splendidly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice plant! How big are the pitchers? It looks really tiny from your picture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My two camps[actually N. campanulata] have been doing well in 2 mixes (1 basalt:1spag:1sand:1peat, and 2spag:1sand), tall 30cm pot in a 3cm tray and a 12cm tall pot with daily misting.
    The big thing seems to be sun, my plants refused to pitcher in anything less than 4hours full sun, but they tolerate low humidity (50%), they seem like a fairly easy species, one is in my greenhouse at dads the other in a polyhouse here with me, about 140km apart, temps so far have been as high as 40C and as low as 8C, no issues.

I am waiting for my flowers on one to open so I can see what sex it is, I am hoping female as the only other nep I have in flower is a male N. maxima x alata and a mirabilis male.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-05-2015 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Nomenclature

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Sarah, I killed them. There were only 2 though. I got them bare-root, size about 1 inch accross or less. Don't know what exactly killed them, may have been light and/or humidity shock. For this one I'm extra careful

Tanukimo, the size is about 1.5 inch accross. It is tiny. It's making a pitcher now, looking good

Adelea, thanks for the info. Interesting that you use sand and peat... I thought of that. We'll see how this one grows in LFS/perlite.
    Looking for N. Campanulata hybrids. Also would like to grow some nepenthes from seed. Growlist/pic thread: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Pete-s-plants

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My baby is doing great. Opened its first tiny pitcher and the newest leaf jump looks promising.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just arrived, N. "Carmen" (spathulata x campanulata)

'
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-05-2015 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Nomenclature

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast