Informational! Informational!:  2
Likes Likes:  7
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: N. campanulata appreciation thread!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clue View Post
    Hey Zu, yeah, it is, although I can't take any credit in the N. campanulata plants as they're recent acquisitions. Putting the arrangement together was certainly fun, I should have taken some pictures of the process (especially smashing the tufa for the miniature cliff). I fear that as the plants get larger, the aesthetic probably won't be as effective, but that is if I don't kill them first!
    Oooh. Are they available in your neck of the woods? I'm seriously going to try to make it for the Potluck, assuming work doesn't send me out of state. I've got some room for a tiny little campy in my terrarium...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thez_yo View Post
    Oooh. Are they available in your neck of the woods? I'm seriously going to try to make it for the Potluck, assuming work doesn't send me out of state. I've got some room for a tiny little campy in my terrarium...
    You have a terrarium? I thought all of your plants were on your balcony?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think N.lowii x campanulata would prefer a mix containing APS which I assume would be similar to burnt earth? I'd been thinking of dropping my specimen in a larger container, as it's in a net pot so root disturbance should be minimal, and wonder if APS would be a good addition?
    Last edited by Ngantnier; 06-11-2015 at 03:44 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Clue: I think I know who he is...If he is one who inquired about where to get them.

Btw, burnt earth does compact over time so his addition of pine bark is good. Usually, I need to water on a daily basis. And change media every 6 months to a year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thez_yo View Post
    I'm not entirely sure anymore, I was not expecting to see any for sale at the BACPS' Show this year, but there they were.

N. campanulata

N. campanulata

N. campanulata

N. campanulata

The sphagnum is there to keep the burnt earth in place and a little more moist to cut down on evaporation. The Singaporean dollar coin is a little larger than an American nickel.

I would grow these in a regular pot and with the rest of my Nepenthes, but I'm bringing this in a terrarium to university this fall... got to keep myself entertained somehow.
    Last edited by Clue; 07-01-2015 at 10:46 AM. Reason: double posted a picture
    "I, for one, can't wait to grow Nepenthes extincta!"
    Plant List ; blog

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just noticed my Campanulata has started to grow a basal. Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing as the mother plant made smaller leaves during the summer and the browning on the leaves is there again. I would like to know what is causing this...

Looking for N. Campanulata hybrids. Also would like to grow some nepenthes from seed. Growlist/pic thread: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Pete-s-plants

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. campanulata

My rock has grown into its looks a little bit.

N. campanulata MT

MT baby finally has some red!
    "I, for one, can't wait to grow Nepenthes extincta!"
    Plant List ; blog

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By far my favorite lowland species, I hope to acquire one some day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's so awesome Clue, I was awaiting an update on your rock experiment, seems to be working splendidly!~

Quote Originally Posted by Clue View Post
    N. campanulata

My rock has grown into its looks a little bit.

N. campanulata MT

MT baby finally has some red!
    I love the smell of nep pollen in the morning..........smells like victory

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanukimo View Post
    You have a terrarium? I thought all of your plants were on your balcony?
    I've got a small terrarium on my desk at work as a sort of ICU and test space for plants that might grow better in the heat or with more regular daylight hours. Right now it's got N.peltata, N.tentaculata maroon spotted from the now defunct Hortus Botanicus, D.paradoxa, a campy hybrid seedling that I'm pretty sure was N.(boschiana x campanulata) x platychila that actually sprouted for me, and a H.minor. I moved the N.hamiguitanensis out a month or two ago and it's still not doing anything, but it got too big for the terrarium, so I have to figure out what to do with it I guess. The same thing happened with my N.clipeatas so I put it in with them with the orchids to see if it picks up on the good role models

Anyway, I still don't have a campy in and of itself. But I do still have some lovely campy hybrids:
    N.campanulata x maxima from AW.

N.boschiana x campanulata (lower, because I gave the plant a huge haircut)

N.thorellii x campanulata (lower, because I gave this one a haircut too)

N.'Nephthys'

..here's a pitcher that's still growing in. The green lid/red body is really interesting.