What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Campanulata will grow in warm intermediate conditions just fine. Oddly enough, some of the 'not-swampy-conditions' LL will work great in that too like pervillei and clipeata. So like tshirt and shorts weather during the day and tshirt and jeans weather during the night... maybe long sleeved shirt if you're used to it being really roasting :p

Sounds like the weather I have majority of the time.. Im jealous at the weather you get down there is so nice you can grow a lot of your plants outside :D

wow you have beautiful plants, looks like they really love your growing conditions

Nice plants thez...

Here is the parent in question.

This baby is a offshoot of my adult campanulata which now is suffering with scale. It grew out of the holes of the pot and I snagged it while cleaning and ripped it off. Disheartened I wanted to try something and stuck it in some epiphytically growing sphagnum moss. The result is one of the most picturesque plants in my collection. (In my humble opinion and as far as I am concerned).

N. campanulata growing epiphytic ally. The leaves as u can see are getting smaller as temps are falling to 50s at night. Clearly she is not enjoying it.

6278129011_14cd3d7720.jpg

@vraev: 50 is highlander conditions....campanulata is a tropical intermediate...so i would buff up the temps to 65-70F at night if that's possible.

now i have a question for you: why do all your plants look ridiculously good?

@vraev: 50 is highlander conditions....campanulata is a tropical intermediate...so i would buff up the temps to 65-70F at night if that's possible.

Haha!! I know. Unfortunately, having limited my growspace, this is in the communal tank with helps and cephs. They are currently loving the lower temps and showing a definite growth rate increase. I just don't have a dedicated lowland setup. My campanulata has gotten used to this seasonal variation.

now i have a question for you: why do all your plants look ridiculously good?

lol! That is one of the nicest comments I have ever read about my plants. Thanks! lol...to be honest... thats because I only show the nicest ones. :-)) For every plant looking nice, I have another that is not too great. Its a constant struggle for me to keep everything happy. Sometimes I have found some species to thrive that only later on start to decline suddenly upon no reason. All I can suggest is lighting, air circulation and decent humidity.

Wow I love that campy vraev! I had one, and its leaves shrank to almost nothingness so I gave it away because it's been so chilly this year that I thought it would certainly die in my conditions. I have a lowland tank now inside so I'm seriously contemplating trying campanulata again.. though I'd have to make room somehow by trading out a plant :ohno:

And I agree with amph; your plants are always ridiculously amazingly good looking!

thanks for the comments Zu. :)

Actually mine seems to hang on pretty decently. Although, now its going to be hard as I blasted the mother plant with insecticides to get rid of scale and it seems to be taking a toll. I hope it can recover.

From hot and humid lowland conditions. :)

N. campanulata pitcher at about 3.5".
nepenthes_campanulata_pitcher.jpg

There are two plants in the pot, with multiple offshoots.
nepenthes_campanulata_plants.jpg

Looking good Cindy! How long have you had this?

Oh yay! That looks wonderful Cindy!!

Looking good Cindy! How long have you had this?

About 3 years. It is not at its best at the moment because it flowered non-stop for a few months and a couple of growth points had died down. But there are two basal shoots appearing. :)

Very nice campanulata Cindy ! You mentioned it flowered, is it a male or female plant ? I hope the one I recieved last week is a female as I want to play around and try to grow one from seed.
Dan

Spectacular Cindy. wow!! I haven't seen too many campanulatas in cultivation even close to your monster there. :D

That's a beauty! I think it might be worth forking over the money for one once I clear out more grow space. I think it would look good in the gecko terrarium.

Both the plants are female. And I've got a third which is a female too. I have been hoping for a male! LOL

My campanulata. One of my favourite Nep :)

image.php

Little plant !!
image.php

Last edited:
Here's my campanulata, my fave because it's the only nepenthes I have, hehe.
I'm growing it in a terrarium. I've had this plant for 3 years now, and it's spent most of that time under fluorescent lighting.
I bought it as a teeny basal cutting, so I'm glad how nice it's turned out.

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0633-2.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

Aww! These things are awesome!

Really nice pitcher shape!

On my wantlist!

Oh wow, those are gorgeous :cry:

Back