Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Browning of New Leaves

Getting There...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drew, since those were taken she has repotted all of them into a much more airy mix and they seem to be doing well! She goes around 9 days or so between waterings, all but one have been growing much better. The last one had lost most of it's roots to rot, but has a few small ones starting to help it I think!

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

So on swords advice I've done something I should have done long ago and installed a cheap thermometer/hygrometer. Currently, with the flap open, it is about 77 inside with 43% humidity or so.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/hugh-jass/6551098561/
    Here is how the setup looks.
    I think now I'll zip it up for a few hours and see what the values are like then...

Getting There...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried running everything with the front zipped up.
    After a few hours, the humidity is about 75% (Only ran humidifier a bit at the beginning)
    The temperature seems to have leveled out at about 80F.
    I think I need to put in a fan to get some more circulation, but do these numbers sound ok?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The numbers don't sound too bad, keep an eye on your meters whenever you check the plants (check each shelf on your rack) and see what numbers you get as the seasons and position of your meter change. check the humidity at the driest point inbetween mister on sessions and especially once you install the fan, that will dissipate much of your humidity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those numbers look much better. If you want to get really fancy, you can spend $10-$15 on a digital thermometer/hygrometer that records daily highs and lows for both temperature and humidity. Excellent for REALLY seeing what's going on while you're not there to check on it every hour, heh.

And a fan is probably a good idea. Stagnant and wet air is usually a good recipe for stuff you don't want. ^.~

Getting There...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One last question (hopefully), so I think I have the new conditions under control pretty well, except that I think the high humidity is starting to cause trouble with my lights. IF you look at my previous picture, you can see I don't really have the option of putting them external to my plant rack. Anyone have any advice how I can humidity proof them, or isolate them somehow?
    Thanks again,
    Kyle

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Anyone? Seems like the problem can't be that uncommon, just don't know how to tackle it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12