Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help! Nepenthes flower wilt

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

I walked into my greenhouse today to find this :

Photobucket

Noo!! Luckly the wilting flower just started to wilt so I think I can save it. Also I got a repti fogger for X mas which I have on the plant right now. It turns out that the heater was sucking away the fresh humid air from the plant. I moved the heater off the shelf immeadiatly. Anyone experienced this before? When should the flower stalk recover with the added fogger? Anything else I could do to help it? I am leaving on the 27th and don't think I will be able to run the fogger for that long while Im gone.

Lance

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it a recent addition or have you had it a while?
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a recent addition that I got a few weeks ago but just moved it by the back of the heater a week ago. I think the back of the heater was sucking away the humidity. The flower stalk is showing a little improvement after today.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    Its a recent addition that I got a few weeks ago but just moved it by the back of the heater a week ago. I think the back of the heater was sucking away the humidity. The flower stalk is showing a little improvement after today.
    When I had orchids, their flowers would wilt a week or two after I brought them home from the store. It was due to environmental change stress. Maybe yours is still adjusting to the new environment? The heat may very well have added to the stress. I'm a complete newbie, but I made the connection between neps wilting and orchids wilting. Just a though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's showing some pretty strongs dessication signs.. the leaves too.
    I would put it in a baggie and pull it up around it but leave the top open for a bit of fresh air. If it doesn't show signs of improvement in a day or two you may have to take more drastic measures like sealing it up in a bag. If that doesn't do the trick after another day or two of sealing it up.. then you have bigger problems.
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill see how it is tommorow. I have the repti fogger on a timer to go on and off 15 min all night. If I dont see any improvement, ill bag it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just checked today and it looks a lot better from yesterday. The flower stalk has raised it self up 2 inches from its previous position. The leaves feel a bit firmer too.

Im probably gonna leave the fogger running while Im gone. Also, ill tie the stalk up on a metal wire tommorow before I leave to save the plant cells the extra work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updates! I got back from my vacation a few days ago and the flower stalk was standing tall. Yay! But now, the flower stalk has started to move downwards once again after I moved the fogger off of it. Can someone help me with this?? I feel as if its a loosing battle and I don't want to loose this flower stalk as I have some good pollen deals going on with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast