Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help! N. Clipatea dead growth tip

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help! N. Clipatea dead growth tip

Ok so I just got a N. Clipatea U from AW about 2 weeks ago and after bagging it and putting it in its proper conditions I came home from vacation to find this...

Photobucket

Anyone know what happened and why it happened so fast? The plant was looking like a champ a few days before. I was looking foward to growing this but now I think its chances of survival are slim . What caused this?

Lance

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cold, wet conditions most likely.....looks like rot.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just shipping LL Nepenthes this time of year can cause rot like that, especially on plants that small. I'm surprised he would even send it out right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu138 View Post
    Just shipping LL Nepenthes this time of year can cause rot like that, especially on plants that small. I'm surprised he would even send it out right now.
    Ive seen other neps that suffered the same fate in the same shipment as well.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All Lowlanders ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu138 View Post
    All Lowlanders ?
    so so... it was a mixed bunch of neps...I also had a N. muluensis that I got quit on me as well

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's possible that a fungus is responsible but, I would guess the box just got really cold at some point during shipping. N.muluensis is one of the more finicky and delicate highlanders. Bummer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    Ok so I just got a N. Clipatea U from AW about 2 weeks ago and after bagging it and putting it in its proper conditions I came home from vacation to find this...

Photobucket

Anyone know what happened and why it happened so fast? The plant was looking like a champ a few days before. I was looking foward to growing this but now I think its chances of survival are slim . What caused this?

Lance
    Hello,
    this plant is quasi dead and there is no way to save it.
    I do not know who you are or from which country you ordered, but if you are from the EU, Switzerland, Canada, Japan or the USA, we fully cover the risk of shipping losses.
    If a plant arrives in bad health or dead, just contact me immediately on arrival. Usually, I'll ask for some pics or the return of the plant(s) to get a replacement.
    However, this has to be done directly with us. I do not monitor all forums to see if there are problems. This thread was just brought to my attention by chance.
    All the best
    Andreas