Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nepenthes campanulata

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nepenthes campanulata

Hi guys

Did you think the campanulata can resist a travel from cz takes like 12 days until the plant arrive.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not this time of year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12 days sounds like a long time but I suppose if it were packaged well and mild temperatures the whole way it might make it.

Are you in the USA or another country? Make sure you know your import laws an have the correct permits to allow importation of Nepenthes BEFORE you make your order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im in Mexico

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's a cheap deal and you're willing to take the risk, try it, but there is a large chance of issues with the plant with 12 days of travel I would assume. That's 12 days in pitch black. Depending on how it is packed, the humidity and temperature could vary greatly from hour to hour. The plant will be tossed around during shipping and there is a chance of damaging it. Most heat packs won't last more than a few days. If it's an expensive plant, I personally wouldn't take the risk. I would look for somebody locally that is selling the same plant, or is selling a plant you like more. I'm a completely newbie, but I have lots of experience with ordering live things online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    If it's a cheap deal and you're willing to take the risk, try it, but there is a large chance of issues with the plant with 12 days of travel I would assume. That's 12 days in pitch black. Depending on how it is packed, the humidity and temperature could vary greatly from hour to hour. The plant will be tossed around during shipping and there is a chance of damaging it. Most heat packs won't last more than a few days. If it's an expensive plant, I personally wouldn't take the risk. I would look for somebody locally that is selling the same plant, or is selling a plant you like more. I'm a completely newbie, but I have lots of experience with ordering live things online.
    The 12 days in the mail isn't a problem as long as it stays moist and within the allowable temperatures.

I have had plants spend 4 weeks in the mail, and when they arrive still moist there is generally very little problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally arrives today after almost 3 long weeks [IMG]411244_355282854483430_100000051551016_1414826_1481015233_o[/IMG]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh dear... I'm glad it still has green on it, but does the growth point look ok?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast