What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my Nepenthes 2012

• Thread starter pygo
  • Start date
Depending on where the seeds came from, it's not likely the hybrid could be with talangensis. I have not heard of villosa seeds begin produced in cultivation, and villosa and talangensis live on opposite ends of two separate islands.

these pics and this talk of Klossi, villosa and what not make me SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous! hee-hee truly nice plants!

The villosa seed originated from tambuyukon - so it the pollen could be from any species on that mountain... x harryiana would be great!

My completely informed guess would be that the seedling in question is most likely N. villosa x pervillei

Awesome plants as always Pygo!

Still waiting to see your N. argentii :p

thank you all ^^

argentiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ^^
92825790.jpg

spathulata x hamata
spatxham.jpg

spectabilis
specaj.jpg

albomarginata red var alata ^^
albow.jpg

maxima mini
maxmin.jpg

peltata
pelh.jpg

hamata
45375177.jpg

ventricosa x hamata
26861925197610825394410.jpg

39947325197502825405219.jpg

2 clones of sumatrana x (sibuyanensis x trusmadiensis)
37829725241588820996664.jpg

Beautiful plants, Alexandre! I think your argentii is obviously going to turn a few heads, but it's the mini maxima that really stands out to me. I've been seeing more and more beautiful maximas lately and yet it still seems to have the reputation of a boring, common plant.

The leaf resembles villosa X talangensis, but thats just looking at the leaf. Do you have any pictures of the pitchers?

The plant is way to small at this time to make any judgements based on appearance. The best bet is geographically, assuming the seeds came from mount kinabulu it could be lowii, rajah, tentaculata, Eddie, or maybe it's just an odd villosa.

@Alexandre, incredible plants! I really love the argentii, hamata, and mini maxima. I was wondering about the hamata, is there any way to encourage upper pitchers? I have heard that it is known to be reluctant at making uppers.

Last edited:
Looking through the posts it appears that the seeds are actually from tambuykon. My best bet then is x harryana

great pics,spectabilis is a real looker

Vous aves des plante incroyable Alexandre! Je crois que on veux tous avoir le talent que tu a pour la culture de les Nepenthes.

Excuse mon Francais terrible!

Everything looks great pygo! Didn't know sumatrana x (sib x TM) existed, but looks like it has lots of potential! Can't wait to see those grow up!

Wow, more beautiful each posting... I love the ventricosa x hamata it is a stunner.

Thanks for sharing!!

thank you very much ^^

lowii x boschiana intermediate pitcher 35cm
lowxbosch2.jpg

35cm!? As a scientist, that's huge!
As an American, I have no idea how big that is :scratch:???

100 centimeters = 1 meter = 1 yard = 3 feet = 36 inches

That is a fine approximate conversion chart.

Nice plant pygo!

Back