Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photos of nepenthes N. singlana x hamata

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photos of nepenthes N. singlana x hamata

im thinking about getting a N. singlana x hamata i would like to photos of other people plants if some one could be kind enough to post some. Which plant should i get N. singlana hamata,N. talangensis x hamata, or a N. jamban?

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the hamata x singalana cross is going to look amazing once it matures, but as to which plant you should purchase, that's your call. If you want to see a picture of a very small one, you can check out my photo thread.

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you should narrow it down to N. singlana x hamata and N. jamban. Then consider what you like... toilets? or teeth? You should have your answer.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These plants are still quite small...

N. singalana x hamata is definitely going to be toothy, probably the toothiest hamata cross yet, however there may be some chance that it essentially looks like a speckled more toothy singalana. (Which is fine by me)

N. talangensis x hamata is definitely going to be colorful and bizarre, there are a few pictures of mature plants that you can find on cpphotofinder which will give you an idea of what to expect. I personally think that cross will be amazing and crazy.

N. jamban... is not really in this discussion I guess. It's a cool plant? Growing species is definitely a good thing, I would personally get jacquelineae if I were to choose between one of those sort of plants. No doubt it would be very hard to find seed grown jamban whereas the other two plants are all going to be seed grown.

You decide!
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. talangensis x hamata is looking downright freaky from the photos I've seen. I'd get that one for the weird factor.

N. singalana x hamata looks just plain wicked, very toothy. Basically it's a stretched out hamata.

N. jamban is very different from the hybrids you're looking at, much smaller.

However, if you're feeling adventurous, you could try hunting down a N. hamata x nigra. It has a black, toothy peristome and a red body. I found this pic on the proboards, from the member Chimanta

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would bet hamata x nigra is impossible to find.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably. The guy is in Switzerland, so importing seedlings would be a pain. Myself, I'm just waiting for N. nigra to enter cultivation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys

Thanks for alll the input guys. I already got the N. singalana x hamata last week I just wanted to know which one you would have chose. I also got N. ventricosa x aristolochides, and N. ventricosa x boschiana

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast