Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Plants froze overnight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey V, you got Paypal? I may not be able to send you plants across the border but I wouldn't mind helping you build resources to re-acquire plants via distributors.
    "There is no pain as great as being alive,
    no burden heavier than that of conscious life. "
    -Rubén Darío-

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxoftherose View Post
    Man, that sucks. I'd send my N. singlana if I knew how to do it legally.
    Thats alright buddy. Thanks very much. Its ok, my own singlana was far away from the cooling vent and it is unaffected. It still looks strong along with a ramispina in the same pot. Although, right beside it, I just noticed that a talangensis at the corner has also gone black. Well...whatever...just pile em on.

Quote Originally Posted by 31drew31 View Post
    Vraev, Ive used herpstats, Johnson A419's and now a Hygrotherm. All work well and can be set to heat or cool. I am currently only using the hygrotherm because it can control my fans and humidifier (also the cheapest). In the summer I will also be using an A419 to control a AC unit as they are rated for much a higher wattage. If you decide to buy one there is a good online supplier in ON that has the best prices on these that I could find. If you want the link send me a PM.
    FOr sure Drew. I checked it out once and found it was 60$. I guess now I know the price of being cheap for 60$. I will now get it and see if I can hook up a heater as a backup. I will contact you for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokken View Post
    Hey V, you got Paypal? I may not be able to send you plants across the border but I wouldn't mind helping you build resources to re-acquire plants via distributors.
    Thank you really very very much, but no buddy. I can't accept money. I really appreciate the kindness all of you guys are showing. I was telling Zu, Butch, Dionaeae, drew and everyone else who has approached me.... This kind of stuff happens. If I am indeed passionate about this hobby, I need to dust myself off and move on. No point giving up. I will eventually in years try to reclaim some of these species. it will take time for me, but I know I will. Nepenthes have become part of my life. But thanks again all of you... I will never forget all the friends here at TF who were willing to help me. I never expected this at all.

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How cold did they get? Below 32?

What is the coldest they have gotten with no adverse affects?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup! For sure. I have had temps go down to 40F without this effect. Well.. typically in winter I see 45F at night. Some species show some stress, but they don't fare too badly. They keep growing. (Ex: burbidgeae). But, most others love it. Heck...atleast better than my 95F summers.

Clearly it must have gone below 32F. The thermometer reached 32f. It doesn't record any lower temps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh V I am so sorry to see this. ((HUGS)) If there is anything I can do let me know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the kind words Kelly. Haven't seen you in a long time? How are you doing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread breaks my heart everytime I see it. I really hope a lot of the plants pull through for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vraev? I agree with dionae there, what has happened to you here is tragic and very saddening. My friends and family know that I consider my plants to be "my babies," and I can't imagine a massive loss like this. Perhaps it's a bit selfish, but, would you post some pictures of things that survived, some hope and happy endings? I've recently been obsessed with N. burbidgeae, and you've mentioned it a few times, but I know I'd love to see yours!
    "The plants you grow, end up growing you."

My Grow List:
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123995

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast