Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Litre Nepenthes Hydroponics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone tell me the specific brand or name of a good light time-changer thing? everything on the lowe's site is kind of ambiguous, can someone tell me the name on the label of what they use?
    If Swiss Cheese has holes, and more holes=less cheese, and more cheese=more holes, does that mean that more cheese=less cheese?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My timer is made by first alert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wal mart carries a series of timers from Brinks Technologies. They have digital heavy duty, dual outlet timers that can have multiple on/off sequences. They are about 20 dollars a piece. They work well on my lights for over a year now.

Previously known as: NY Plant Nerd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will NEVER, i repeat NEVER buy ANYTHING from wal-mart, they refuse to treat employees well, i refuse to buy from them. can i buy anything straight from the manufacturer?
    If Swiss Cheese has holes, and more holes=less cheese, and more cheese=more holes, does that mean that more cheese=less cheese?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet the people who made your clothes were treated like kings...might as well take those off and knit yourself something cozy.

Simple search at a hydro web site will steer you in the right direction.

Previously known as: NY Plant Nerd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the tip, and, surprisingly, all my clothes were made in the USA, or in certified non-sweatshop based factories.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

but seriously, can someone tell me a model number, or something like "auto-light changer heavy duty 361 home depot" or something? it would make my buisness so much easier and it would only take a minute on your part

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They all do the same thing, turn power on and off to appliances. Pick the one YOU like. Some are digital, some analog, some have 3 foot cords, some plug directly into the outlet.

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, it doesn't matter. I have a $20 digital timer that works just as well as my dial timer. It REALLY doesn't matter at all. Just go to a hardware store and get the cheapest one.

Secondly, you are coming across rather rudely. I'm not sure if its intentional. Please don't take this in the wrong way, but everyone that has posted here has tried to help, and those that gave up on helping probably did so because of the way you are commanding them to give you the answer you want to hear. As I said, I'm not trying to make you feel bad about it, but it's a good thing to treat everyone nicely, especially the people who have been helping your for eight pages.

To summarize, get a 20-30g tall aquarium from petco. Get a glass hood for the size aquarium you choose. You can shop around awhile for a light you like. Make sure it's 4500-6500k, which will lOok yellow when on. The higher wattage the better, but keep the kind of light in mind. T5 provides a better spectrum than power compact, but if it's a 20w T5 versus a 100w power compact or fluorescent, go for the higher wattage. Get a humidity gauge and a thermometer while at petco, which should be around $10 total.

I wrapped my terrarium in foil to reflect the light so that the plants get as much as possible. Don't forget to ask questions as you go. Donresearch on everything before you buy it. With a terrarium, you'll loose less plants and they will grow better.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast