Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2 Litre Nepenthes Hydroponics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not going to read through the whole of this thread, but the system you are referring to in the first post is called hydroculture, or passive hydroponics. This website has some information on this: http://hydro-culture.net/

The pop/soda bottle method has been used before and is explained here: http://www.insideurbangreen.org/recy...psoda-bottles/

I have personally tried hydroculture using LECA as the growing medium and N. ventrata as the plant and it failed. Sphagnum might get a little too wet, but you could try using LECA below the Sphagnum and only have the LECA in water so that the Sphagnum wicks from it, rather than the Sphagnum sitting directly in water.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news everyone! a pitcher my robcantleyi was developing started coloring up a bit, my t5 lighting system i ordered came, and my ventricosa arrived in the mail a few days ago. All in all, good on good on good.
    If Swiss Cheese has holes, and more holes=less cheese, and more cheese=more holes, does that mean that more cheese=less cheese?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does anyone know how high humidity robcantleyi likes? ive seen people say windowsill level to 90%+, any suggestions on what to try first? I'm confused by all of this... to much conflicting yet correct information
    If Swiss Cheese has holes, and more holes=less cheese, and more cheese=more holes, does that mean that more cheese=less cheese?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mine is producing pitchers at my room humidity,this ranges from 45 to 60 at temps of 55 to 70 i find it needs no high humidity ,i find this a good thing as i would rather grow out of a terrarium if possible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My room doesn't change temperature alot, could this become a problem?

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Acurite View Post
    My room doesn't change temperature alot, could this become a problem?
    Yes. Highlanders need at least a 10 degree temperature change from day to night. It would be best at 80F day and 55F night. Not sure about robcanteloupenelly, but give it the conditions it likes and keep the humidity as high as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gotto disagree i don't see the point in high humidity if its not required,just asking for fungus ,and once the plant is used to high humidity it will depend on it,i am trying to get my plants used to lower humidity as this is easier to maintain,my small neps are in high humidity and i move them into lower humidity as they get larger,partly due to not having enough room in the terrarium,this seems to make sense to me but i suppose time will tell