Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Litre Nepenthes Hydroponics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if you did a simple drip-system using gravity? If you take a large bottle, prick a small hope in the cap and invert it with water inside. A slight drip should help, as long as you allow the water to flow through and not sit water logged.

I would set it up sooner rather than later, so you have time to tweek it. The only problem I could foresee with it is that, as intelligent as you have shown us to be, you don't have a whole lot of experience growing these plants, and can't "feel" the proper moisture level off hand. BUT! I hope my idea helps you figure out a solution, and I wish you all the luck with it!

-Cj
    "The plants you grow, end up growing you."

My Grow List:
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123995

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you so much for the advice, I have been testing wetness for about 11 months (turns out my truncata is actually robcantleyi) and my rob isn't dead yet, so i think i'm okay. The only question left is; do i put a wick in the cap? or just poke a very tiny hole? thank you so much for your time and experiance.
    If Swiss Cheese has holes, and more holes=less cheese, and more cheese=more holes, does that mean that more cheese=less cheese?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not try both if you have the time?
    "The plants you grow, end up growing you."

My Grow List:
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123995

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, i'm not sure i do, and i don't have the tools to make a REALLY tiny hole, although i could if i wanted to, it would be difficult. I'll try it though, see what happens.
    If Swiss Cheese has holes, and more holes=less cheese, and more cheese=more holes, does that mean that more cheese=less cheese?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tiny hole can be made by heating a safety pin with a lighter or stove element and pushed through the pop bottle lid. Be sure to use gloves or pliers to hold the pin. Metal is slightly conductive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, i think that should work; i will try that. should i put another hole in the top to allow water to flow without the creation of a vacuum, or does that make the water flow wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completely forgot about the drip system! I use it to give my gecko water while I'm away. With a slow drip flow one reservoir of water can last a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, sooo
    2 Litre Nepenthes Hydroponics
    By the way, the straw has a hole in the center to allow the water to enter. will it work?
    Yes, i DO have N. robcantleyi, formerly known as black truncata. your argument is invalid, and i hope to make a thread later on about it's growth; there seems to be a fair amount of hype over the new species,
    . I bought it while it was still available from California Carnivours.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast