Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Litre Nepenthes Hydroponics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do understand rigging stuff up is fun, but unstuckintime is right, a good soaking and the plants will be fine for a week without more water. Bigger the pot the better in this case. If your really worried about it water the plant before you leave, and put it in a large ziplock freezer bag, or any bag big enough (even a garbage bag if its a large plant). When you get home pull it out of the bag and all will be as if you didnt leave.

If you cant get your contraption tested and working by the time you leave, this is your best option IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, that seems like a good idea (soaking the plants) but once again, I'ts going to take a while before i can set up a good terrarium. also, my two plants at this point (N. ventricosa and N. robcantleyi) i both have as highlanders at this point, although my robcantleyi might be growing slower because of it, so a really humid terrarium might not be good, but there are ways around it. if someone can refer me to a good few items, like particular pumps or cheap aquariums, it would make things alot easier, or you could just tell me what you house your plants in.
    If Swiss Cheese has holes, and more holes=less cheese, and more cheese=more holes, does that mean that more cheese=less cheese?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Acurite View Post
    Okay, that seems like a good idea (soaking the plants) but once again, I'ts going to take a while before i can set up a good terrarium. also, my two plants at this point (N. ventricosa and N. robcantleyi) i both have as highlanders at this point, although my robcantleyi might be growing slower because of it, so a really humid terrarium might not be good, but there are ways around it. if someone can refer me to a good few items, like particular pumps or cheap aquariums, it would make things alot easier, or you could just tell me what you house your plants in.
    10 gallon aquarium from walmart or pet store - $15
    fluorescent light fixture from walmart - $20
    GE grow light from walmart - $9
    aluminum foil from food store - $2
    automatic timer from lowes - $15
    water mister bottle from dollar store - yup $1

Grand total about $62 for the care of a couple hundred dollars worth of plants.

It all equals happy plants and little maintenance. Mine have gone over a week with no care, and I am growing jamban, hamata among other highlanders. No special pumps or contraptions to worry about.
    Joshua from PA
    Looking for plants with Pennsylvania location data
    Grow List
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...923#post933923

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm..... Well, i have the lights, the tin/aluminium foil, and the mister, so.... 30 dollars? definitely manageable. But i would have to badger my parents until they took me to lowes and a pet store. I have to ask, though; could i increase the size of the aquarium to fit a large robcantleyi in? or would it just be so hardy when fully grown it wouldn't matter if i forgot to water it occasionally. Also, would i be able to put things like truncata lowland/pasian and rafflesia in there?
    If Swiss Cheese has holes, and more holes=less cheese, and more cheese=more holes, does that mean that more cheese=less cheese?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definently couldn't fit a large robcantelyi in a 10 gal aquarium and you would need to figure out the tempature range out because you couldn't grow highland plants with lowland plants like a rafflesiana together.
    Good Growing!
    -Mike Fallen

My Growlist/wishlist: http://highlandtropicals.blogspot.co...-growlist.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    huh.... so only one kind? i think i'll try highland/intermediate. ive got a small robcantleyi and a small ventricosa, any others to think about?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would recommend some easier, smaller growing species and hybrids. I would also say lean more towards intermediate plants since they are usually a lot easier to grow than true highlanders/ultra highlanders like hamata, villosa macrophylla, etc.....
    Good Growing!
    -Mike Fallen

My Growlist/wishlist: http://highlandtropicals.blogspot.co...-growlist.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the tip, but i meant a species, like sanguinea (killed my last one; well, my friend did), alata, what?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast