Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Litre Nepenthes Hydroponics

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not necessary for highland but it is much easier to grow them. Plants with thin leaves like hamata will probably do bad in low humidity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    now, just waiting for the weekend, my stuff in the mail, and warning everyone of the impending internet apocalypse (SOPA and PIPA, which would likely shut down terraforums) is all i have to do.
    If Swiss Cheese has holes, and more holes=less cheese, and more cheese=more holes, does that mean that more cheese=less cheese?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sure SOPA and PIPA arent going to pass. They are against the first amendment.

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heli View Post
    I am sure SOPA and PIPA arent going to pass. They are against the first amendment.
    ...And Google got over four million people to sign the petition against it...

They said on the news that a lot of the supporters of passing the bill backed out after that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, wikipedia blacked itself as you prolly know. Also the hacking group Anonymous is against SOPA and PIPA, they hacked several sites.

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Acurite View Post
    Just a question; if im growing highlands, is an aquarium casing necessary? or is that just lowlanders for extra humidity?
    Some highlanders do want higher humidity. I know for a fact that talangensis, singalana and some others won't pitcher for you in lower humidity, and prefer humidity around 70%+ at minimum. It's much easier to control variables in a terrarium. I would suggest getting one. You can get a 10g glass tank for $10 at petco and a glass lid for another $10, then put it in the window and you have a cheap terrarium. The humidity stays around 90% during the day in my terrarium, *unsealed*! In a sealer terrarium, you may have to mist less than once a month to keep the humidity high enough. I'm not any expert though, I'm just into this hobby a month myself. I just spend too much time on terra forums collecting information.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Acurite View Post
    now, just waiting for the weekend, my stuff in the mail, and warning everyone of the impending internet apocalypse (SOPA and PIPA, which would likely shut down terraforums) is all i have to do.
    No. It won't shut down terra forums. Just pirate websites. But that will force google to take helpful resources off of their search engine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the tip pineapple *nice name*

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

My dad is saying that before running out and buying anything legitimate, i should take a cardboard box and cover it in saran wrap, and put my plants in there to see what happens. is this, in any way, a good idea?
    If Swiss Cheese has holes, and more holes=less cheese, and more cheese=more holes, does that mean that more cheese=less cheese?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really. You need light inside. And big electric lights and cardboard equals fire hazard. Just cut a two liter soda bottle in half and use the bottom half as a dome to temporarily keep the humidity up so it doesn't dry out when you leave. Then concentrate on building a terrarium.
    Joshua from PA
    Looking for plants with Pennsylvania location data
    Grow List
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...923#post933923

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast