What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes robcantleyi

About a year ago, i ordered a tiny Nepenthes robcantleyi, It has grown only a little as it had just come out of TC, so it's just beginning to pick up, so i wanted to share a picture thread of my precious plant, which, at it's size, sells for over 100$
a>
1/29/12
At the moment, it has a 3/4 inch pitcher colouring up, afflicted by small lid syndrome. It is in a nepenthes soil from the seller along with plenty of NZ sphagnum, in a 5" pot. It is in a constant 70% humidity and goes from 80 f degrees by day and 65 f degrees by night. It is starting to develop two more pitchers at the moment, so the next few weeks will be interesting once it can feed.

Ummm... What's up with the leaves?

The leaves are misshapen due to a lack of light before i could lay my hands on a t5. They should be getting better now

I was thinking the same thing Mike, and Acurite... if you paid 100$ for it, sorry mate but you got ripped off.... you can get them for 40-55$ average...

I read this over a few times to make sure it didn't say you'd been growing it for a year, because it still has baby-leaves and I became worried. But just to get it right - you said it just came outta TC, yeah? It looks healthy for just getting un-jar'd :awesome:

$100? Not sure where you're looking, dude.

yea, I got mine for 140 dollars. 7" plant though

i got mine for 75 but i was in a bidding war with someone too lol

I cant find them for under $100 either.

Alright,
SirK will now PM us where the deals are! :-O
It'll make my day... if I can get it before everyone else does!

My guess is that SirKristoff was remembering the gold old days of when this plant was first released and they were going for 40-50 dollars initially.

Strange this appears to be the only case I can think of in the Nepenthes hobby where plants have gotten significantly more expensive over time as opposed to cheaper. Of course the price will probably drop when the next batch comes out as well, assuming BE doesn't charge more in light of the plants being elevated to species status.

I personally wouldn't pay 100 dollars or more for it, but then again truncata and vetchii are some of the least desirable plants in my own book. However, that's not to say that I don't find N. robcantleyi totally beautiful. Definitely my favorite relative (or variety [if your EP]) of N. truncata that I have seen. :)

I didn't buy it for 100$, i bought it for 55$ at an infantile stage, but i checked on all websites i could find and no-one was selling it below 100$ who had it in stock.

Back