What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month contest: February 2012

Jebus, that Nepenthes [Ventricosa x Sibuyanensis] x xTrusmadiensis is phenomenal. :hail: I'm now kicking myself for not picking one up when I had the chance way back when.

As the creator of this competition for this particular forum.... Albeit not my original idea of course,

I would allow that that mirabilis entry as a single pitcher, as technically speaking, the pitcher itself is the true leaf... they are connected after all!

Well.. the Gods have spoken. Archer15, feel free to remove the arrows from your pics if you like.

I suppose rules iz rules. Still, Archer that's very interesting and cool. :)

Wow.

I have picked my number one winner.

Was not trying to say you have to allow it, Travis, just that if i were running it still, i would... I think it should be considered one, since it shares the same tendril and leaf... technically the pitcher is the true leaf anyway :p

it shares the same tendril and leaf... technically the pitcher is the true leaf anyway :p

I personally think it should be one entry too, just if nothing else but for freak's sake.

But, just a technical quibble -

By your logic, this is a contest of pitchers. Pitchers = true leaves. Thereby this is a contest of true leaves.

In which case the "leaf" and the tendril are not true leaves and so are then not what are to be judged. Seeing two true leaves coming from one tendril would mean that there are then two true pitchers.

If this were node of the month, or lamina of the month. . .

Still I'm just being devil's advocate. I would count it as one pitcher too. :-))

I'm not too worried about it. What ever the popular vote is works for me. One pitcher, two pitchers.. either way its CrAziNeSs!!

That is the weirdest mutation I have ever seen.....

Paul, I will join you on the ventrata parade.

Thought I'd throw a little update in here. The competition is fierce.. and freakish.

IMG_0611.jpg

Thought I'd throw a little update in here. The competition is fierce.. and freakish.

Is it just me, or are all of your neps red/green/yellow? They look amazing, nevertheless! Maybe you just have attractions to those particular colors on neps? Maybe I just haven't seen your entire collection lol.

Is it just me, or are all of your neps red/green/yellow? They look amazing, nevertheless! Maybe you just have attractions to those particular colors on neps? Maybe I just haven't seen your entire collection lol.

Not all of my neps.
Won't be long and I'll be able to start getting some pics of my macrophyllas, villosa, and/or my N. x Trusmadiensis in here.
At least the 'Viscarla' doesn't have stripes. :rolleyes:

N.Maxima (former BE Eymae)

N.Maxima (former BE Eymae)

6875000225_e5daa95c69_b.jpg

6874994827_4458ca9290_b.jpg

Not a new pitcher but still nice and the picture was taken today:

cp-feb2012-(vxl)xs003.jpg

I have submitted this plant too many times now... :lol:

But I found this pitcher to be exceptional.

N. spectabilis x talangensis

DSCN6802.jpg

DSCN6804.jpg

DSCN6803.jpg

:-Di still think its great dex, how big is the pitcher

Thanks Corky. :) It is about 7 inches tall.

Back