What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month contest: February 2012

PITCHER OF THE MONTH CONTEST February 2012

CONTEST BEGINS TODAY!

Rules of Entry:
1. Only ONE (1) PITCHER per member may be entered in any particular month.
2. All pictures must be taken in the month of entry into the contest.
3. All entries must be clearly identified.
4. Entries are restricted to cultivated plants.
5. Contestants may post as many times and as many pictures of their entry as they like until contest closing on 02/29/12
6. Sequential pictures showing opening of a pitcher are fine as long as all pictures are taken within the month of the contest.
7. If, for some reason, a single pitcher cannot be isolated and a group shot is necessary, then the particular pitcher entered must be clearly identified in your post.
8. Plant must have been grown by owner at least six months prior to photo.
9. Any plant(s) that have finished in the top 3 may not be reentered again for the following 90 days.
10. Times of Contest and Poll openings and closings are to be understood as EST.
11. Judging by forum members and guests in a poll opening on 03/01/12, closing 03/05/12 and using the Condorcet Internet Voting Service (Beatpath/Schulze/CSSD completion rule). The THREE (3) most popular entries (according to "proportional representation") will be considered "Winners" and the top 3 places will be posted in the 'Hall of Fame" sub-board.
** Please remember to clearly identify your entry!!**

Contest will be closed on Feb. 29th 2012 at 5:00PM EST
Good luck!!

This contest is still a green for go..

Last edited:
Nepenthes [Ventricosa x Sibuyanensis] x xTrusmadiensis

010.jpg

011.jpg

yay,, now it's a contest! Very nice entry..

sg N. 'Viscarla'

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

I half expected to see another photo of that damn veitchii K. HAHAHAHA

I half expected to see another photo of that damn veitchii K. HAHAHAHA

nah.. temps are dropping a little right now, so it's slowed it's roll. Maybe next month buddy.. :awesome:

PLEASE NO !!!! I see that friggin thing when I close my eyes !

If he does, I'll have to post a six month long parade of Ventrata pics! :-O

haha... hey, it's not my fault the veitchii K pops out a gorgeous new pitcher every month.

Nepenthes Mirabilis

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

Not as pretty as the others but something a little different

Last edited:
Archer15, your plant has two pitchers coming from a single leaf?

Okay. I've picked my favorite. All others will be ignored. ;)

Dude, that's nuts. Is there a CP sideshow we can put that thing in?

Okay.. this is an odd entry. How would we go about rule #7 ?

7. If, for some reason, a single pitcher cannot be isolated and a group shot is necessary, then the particular pitcher entered must be clearly identified in your post.

I mean.. it is pitcher of the month and not pitchers from a single freak of a tendril month. :lol:

Yes it has Siamese twins growing from one leaf. the plant has had normal pictures but it threw out this one to my delight. I bought several small plants that all seem to be the same and the others are fine.

Man that thing is awesome! I'd be interested to see if they turn out exactly the same when matured

Okay.. this is an odd entry. How would we go about rule #7 ?

I mean.. it is pitcher of the month and not pitchers from a single freak of a tendril month. :lol:

I have now nominated a picture as per the rules.

Back