Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: N. lowii x truncata! Finally!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's one hell of a score man!

I'd love to have bought that thing but I have no where large enough to keep it currently. Are the leaves truncata shaped?

Is it HL or LL or Intermediate?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey swords, the leaves are very much like a truncata with a bit more length to them

Here is my smaller lowii x truncata, this one is the wide peristome cross but the leaves are similar, albeit a much more scaled down version right now... Though a fast grower in comparison to either of it's parents, this plant went from a 3" plant on arrival to what you see now in less than a year... Around 10 months actually.

In regards to their growth preference for temps, i would assume intermediate or H/L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! That is an interesting leaf shape between the two. Nice it grows faster than either parent too - both being such slow pokes.

Those huge pitchers Lazarus showed were really amazing did he say how big they were? Also, does he know the sex of your plant?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No he does not know the sex sadly since it never flowered before he cut it back... I think I saw him post somewhere at some time saying the size of his largest trap, but I can't recall...

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The inside of the pitcher is simply stunning!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what it was about his photography, but all the plants seem smaller than they appeared. After cutting away the dead traps and dead leaves from the truncata x veitchii, There wasn't much left other than 5 growth points.

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Id ask here is there any difference from Lowii X Truncata "Wide Peristome" other than a wide peristome? Would the color be the same beautiful artwork as an adult Lowii X truncata? Also, what about Lowii X Truncata "squat" ?

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then wide peristome and squat refer to the forms of truncata used, so I imagine they will look a bit different, but I won't know until my wide peristome cross gains more size, similar to my original cross...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast