What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. lowii x truncata! Finally!

That's a beaut. One of the best hybrids around imo.

nightsky - i completely agree! I am excited to see how my lowii x truncata wide peristome turns out, though i honestly hope its something different enough to really stand out, and maybe even be just as nice as the original cross!

Very cool plant, Kris! I love lowii hybrids and have been looking for one of these for a long time. Nice find!

jbradt, good luck man... It took me nearly the entire span of my time in this hobby to get my hands on one... Hopefully cuttings start becoming more available, I know Nate took several cuttings of this one a year or so ago and sold them off, wonder how many rooted/survived...

An update:

First trap for me in my care, long in the making...
f85fae18.jpg

The plant (this thing is slow lol, it's made two leaves since I received it in Feb.)
c85a7d02.jpg

Here is the lowii x truncata "wide peristome" version of this cross, starting to get some real nice color
6f303dd1.jpg

c18d207b.jpg

0f3a6859.jpg

a4ca1233.jpg

Nice plant. That inflating pitcher is cute. I have one of these. Looking forward to those awesome upper pitchers.

Thanks guys :)

Here are some more pics

Look what's starting to open ;)
58994549.jpg

And an update on the wide peristome version
9d845fc1.jpg

a9078caa.jpg

that is incredible! I absolutely love that hybrid!

Lookin good!! I hope my wide peristome colors up like that;)

Looking good man.. I absolutely love this cross.

What exactly is implied by 'Wide Peristome'? Is it a lowii with wide peristome or a truncata with wide peristome? If it's the later, is it in fact truncata or robcantleyii? Pics of the parents?

Thanks for the explanation, Roko. :)

It opened!!

fcf92b27.jpg

c39f1077.jpg

663697c0.jpg

c5111c4e.jpg

And here is an update on my lowii x truncata "wide peristome"
06c09954.jpg

wow VERY nice!

Awesome, Kris. :) Mine looks pretty similar to yours.

Kris that is stunning! I'm speechless :clap:

wooow. so much color! very impressive Kris!

Thanks guys :) the greenhouse seems to have several plants looking nice already!

Back