Thread: Wild collected Nep seed purchase discussions

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdCoffee View Post
    Dionae,
    I can appreciate your enthusasm for wanting to grow these plants. I am right there with you. Believe me when I say this I do believe you had the best of intentions. Your picture in the beginning of that thread with the little girl is adorable- "Getting a new generation interested in CPs." This is very admirable.

But as a fellow carnivorous plant guy I gotta be honest. "Sorry if you guys feel i'm destroying the rare nepenthes population by ordering seeds from ebay."

By ordering rare nepenthes seeds off eBay- that is EXACTLY what you are contributing to. Make no mistake. When you give those guys your money and they hike up the hills to cut the seed stalks off of the endangered nepenthes vines- you might as well be doing it yourself. You have, in effect, hired them to do the job for you.

I am not trying to point fingers or be accusational. I am also not judging you as a person. But there is something very wrong going on in the online auction world that I am trying to draw attention to. I am not sure everyone is really completely aware of what is actually going on on ebay.
    Can not agree more. Ive seen very few seeds sold on there that are from the owners plants. One of the biggest poachers on there is nepentheae. All of his "harvest dates" are the same which meant he went on a harvesting rampage through the hills in December. If someone could try and contact ebay to ban him that would be great...right now my ebay account is being funky. Although he can make another account, he would loose all his 1000 + ratings which would be a big slap in the face for him.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deleted
    Last edited by ColdCoffee; 04-07-2012 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Closing accounts I dont use

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dionae View Post
    I'm starting to get the feeling noone likes my thread. Sorry if you guys feel i'm destroying the rare nepenthes population by ordering seeds from ebay.
    Tis ok...I like your thread...good luck with the seeds.

(Is a dry and fluffy blanket)
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deleted
    Last edited by ColdCoffee; 04-07-2012 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Closing accounts I dont use

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of speculation flying around over here....don't make me break out the drama llama pictures......
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deleted
    Last edited by ColdCoffee; 04-07-2012 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Closing accounts I dont use

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you should start your a thread, your own thread, about ordering seeds from ebay. I understand how some of you feel and thats fine...youre entitled to your opinion. I dont have the time on my hands to go through feedback of sellers then go through the feedback of people who left feedback and see what theyre selling and so on and so forth. The seeds are ordered and some sowed and when the rest get here i'll sow them...the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deleted
    Last edited by ColdCoffee; 04-07-2012 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Closing accounts I dont use

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast