Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: N. singalana x hamata

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great Paul. Exactly what I imagined a sing x hamata to look like. Singalana bodies with hamata mouths.. too cool.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mato77429 View Post
    Definitely a bit larger than mine, but I hope to be at that point soon. Didn't you say you were able to hand-pick yours? Lucky son of a...
    Indeed, I selected that plant out of a batch of about 50 individuals. I chose one that looked to have vigor (bigger than its siblings) but more importantly, I selected one that appeared to have darker coloring and clearly visible teeth on the peristome. I don't know if my choice will pay off in the long run, but I feel like I made a smart choice. (Although if I were truly smart, I would have bought three or four!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy em' all!! And keep the nursery as your gift.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    Indeed, I selected that plant out of a batch of about 50 individuals. I chose one that looked to have vigor (bigger than its siblings) but more importantly, I selected one that appeared to have darker coloring and clearly visible teeth on the peristome. I don't know if my choice will pay off in the long run, but I feel like I made a smart choice. (Although if I were truly smart, I would have bought three or four!)
    haha well, I think you made a wise decision, Paul. That is a very healthy plant. On a side note, I think this cross has earned a place in my heart as a top hybrid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mass View Post
    Buy em' all!! And keep the nursery as your gift.
    Been there, done that.....too much work!

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mato77429 View Post
    haha well, I think you made a wise decision, Paul. That is a very healthy plant. On a side note, I think this cross has earned a place in my heart as a top hybrid.
    I think it has great potential. I also acquired one plant of the N. spathulata x hamata cross:
    [IMG]http://**************************************/2012/03/spathulata-hamata.jpg[/IMG]

While it isn't likely to have as much drama in terms of physical features (not as toothy, not as dark in color), it is much more likely to have some SIZE, inherited from N. spathulata. Still, this one does clearly have some color and markings, and evidence of some degree of toothiness; the peristome already shows well-defined ridges and teeth. :-)

I refrained from buying the N. talangensis X hamata cross because both of those are smaller species, and both are quite slow growers. The other N. hamata crosses seemed more likely to grow into larger plants and have some vigor. But who knows....maybe I am missing out on an excellent cross. *shrug*

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! Yours is definitely the largest I have seen. It makes mine and Mato's look like little runts.

Definitely some nice teeth already...
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow!
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New pitcher on N. singalana X hamata. It's teething!
    [IMG]http://**************************************/2012/04/20120404-201311.jpg[/IMG]

(click to view larger)

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast