What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm so excited!

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
I'm the idiot that just bought the recent fleabay N. hamata!!!!

I'm so excited I can hardly wait!

Congras JB, on the hammay, not on being an idiot :lol:
was it the SG one?

I saw two N. hammies on eBay. Which did you get?

very nice! congrats on the win! happy growing! :boogie:

I only say one. Ended day before yesterday. Came from Germany went for $102. I'm assuming it's a Wistuba. Wish it was seeds grown.

Congrads..the SG went over $180, sounds like a good buy to me..enjoy it

Item 220962584121 was from Drew Martinez Greenhouse hardened. Auction said it originated from Germany 6 months ago and been GH hardened since.

Congrats on the hamata JB! Hows the vogelii doing?

Vogelii has two growth points started. Still not rooted yet but it's growing.

If you dont believe josh is excited just ask me ;)

That boy txt'ed me after the auction and was like a kid at Christmas.... hehehehehe

congrats my friend!!!

I didn't like the SG one at much, mainly because it was tiny. Glad you got the bigger one! $102 isn't too shabby.

102 is pricey!!!!! I look forward to it getting large enough to cut and trade for other variants.

they also had a macro that i was going to get but was out of my price range :(

Congrats. I watched two of the three auctions because I like seeing the prices they end at. Would love to see pics when you get it.

eBay can be an iffy venue for buying Nepenthes; prices are often inflated beyond reason. I recently bought a Wistuba-origin N. hamata, 2.5" diameter, fully established plant from a known vendor (NOT eBay) for $80. Not long ago, someone paid over $400 for a rooted cutting of the EP clone of N. x 'Briggsiana' on eBay. I was able to buy two cuttings of that cultivar back in September for $10. Playing the eBay game often results in a person parting with more $ than they ought to, IMO.

I'm not suggesting you shouldn't be pleased to have acquired a (presumably) nice specimen of N. hamata, I'm just saying that you have to be careful how much you bid on something, because the odds of paying an excessive price are significant if you're not careful.

Congratulations. I know you have been wanting one of those for some time now.

Whimgrider I agree with you 100% about the eBay game and paying way too much. That was my max bid. I was lucky the others stopped or I would have missed it. I know I could have gotten a hamata straight from Wistuba for $60 last time I looked. That plant would have been straight out of TC though. This one has supposedly been greenhouse hardened for 6 months. Ten a month is how I look at it. Because total with shipping came to $120.

This is one of the four clones Wistuba currently has. The seller could not tell me which one.

Steve yes I have been wanting one since I started learning about nepenthes. Which clone is yours? I still want to trade eventually. Can never have too many. Especially if yhey are seeds grown. Supposedly all of wistubas are males.

I'm hoping to trade for a hairy red one day. Have to see how the skills do with this one. Lol

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

I'm hoping to be cool like Steve and grow it as a houseplant one day. :p

Mine is a BE clone - NOT from seed.

As for the hairy red one, I've been on a waiting list for at least 6 years now.....

Growing them as houseplants help to keep those pesky dogs and cats out of the house, LOL

Well then Steve it looks like I will be interested in yours once you have a cutting available. Sine mine is a Wistuba the BE clone us bound to be different. I'm a collector anyway. Even if I have to wait till my lil twerp gets large enough to swap hamata cuttings. ;-)

Provided I keep it alive that long. Lol

Back