What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. attenboroughii seedlings

Hi
Here some blurry shots of my attenboroughii seedlings.
7eb5e541.jpg

e666ba25.jpg

They seem to adapt very well :)

Cool! How old are they?

thanks, they germinated in december :)

Awesome! They seem to be growing at light speed! Care to share your media recipe? :)

Hehe well germination neps is the easiest. i germinate since years on plain 20%MS wich works best for me. the grow-multiplication-shoot medias are secret, because i developed them in years of work :p

Very nice. I'm glad to see N. attenboroughi is in cultivation.

Very nice. I'm glad to see N. attenboroughi is in cultivation.

Me too!

I love David Attenborough and I thought that it was awesome that they named it after him.

Redfernaturalhistory.com has some cool pictures of them in the wild :D

Will

This is wonderful you've had success with this species. Hopefully it will be more available to the public in a few years.

I think I speak for everyone when I say, "Send some over the Atlantic!"

thanks for all the nice comments, guys. Makes me happy to read this.
I guess they will come soon over to the states. Some TC companies contacted me already and i guess i will send some cultures over soon

@nepaholic: first of all, I am so glad that you are doing so well with these seedlings. Furthermore, you have my sincerest thanks for what you are about to do: making this species accessible to the rest of the cp community around the world. Thank you for not keeping this plant amongst only the highest echelons of the hobby but giving us the opportunity to perhaps buy one of these from a vendor in the future. Wow....cant put that into enough words. May you receive many returns for your endeavors.

Hot dang - I hope they end up all being the GIGANTIC globose kind. Great job!!

What Amp said...Thanks for pretty much single handedly putting this nep in cultivation. :)

Very nice Jens! You are truly lucky to have a chance to raise such a beautiful species :)

SO awesome! :banana2:

Hehe well germination neps is the easiest. i germinate since years on plain 20%MS wich works best for me. the grow-multiplication-shoot medias are secret, because i developed them in years of work :p

Will the seedlings not grow like normal seedlings if left on that medium? I am very interested in trying to flask nep seedlings and I just guessed that once they got started you just left them alone till they were big enough to plant.

Hi
I planted out some attenboroughii a few weeks ago and the plants grow very nice.

Here a pink veitchii. this plant also came out of my vessels

Wow! Can't wait to see what those lil' guys grow up to be.

Very nice Nep and keep up the good growing!

Back