What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be leary of a guy known as [REDACTED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
4EE527B4.jpg

N. burbidgeae, Notice the trend of smaller leaves

A496631F.jpg

N. campanulata, Notice the trand of smaller leaves

C9A9DD45.jpg

N. vent x hamata Notice the one off to the side? That was the largest new growth point that broke off. Main stem has long been dead.

I will get pictures of the other two soon. This guy claims to have had a bad winter in TN of all places. Bad winter or not it seems he still doesn't know how to take care of nepenthes. Claims to have been growing for ten years.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Has the nerve to ask me to send them back. It would just kill them. I jumped on these in a hurry admitedly, but this info wasn't disclosed.

This guy charged you money for these??!! Unconscionable, to say the least. Pursue getting your money back, whatever it takes.

Ooff.........those are bad. Those should have been give aways just to save them. Good luck.

Absolutely unacceptable... I'm sorry this happened to you Josh, what an utter load of BS. PayPal dispute it and get your money back. Those poor plants....

Thanks for the warning. It's good to know this kind of thing to know who to avoid. Just as important as knowing who's good.

Ah.. yikes! If you cant get your money back, I think its safe to say that the campy and burb atleast look like they might live...Not certain about the vent X hamata though...

Yowsers! Thanks for the warning... I hope at least some of them pull through.

Those are not items worthy of sale, unless condition was given ahead of time.
Don't feel sorry for the plants...
get a refund!
Sad situation.
:thumbdown::redx::lac:

wow that truly sucks!! Is he a member here?

Oh shix......Those things have been dying for a while.....prolly due to root rot....REFUND OR DIE!

That's awful. . . Though arguably the N. campanulata still looks in *decent* shape.

Still you need a refund. What venue did you purchase these through? Ebay, proboards, etc?

Thanks for the heads up and good luck. I would definitely repot them and if the roots are rotting like Exo suggests (which is quite possible) you may need to even cut off all the rotting portions of the plants and try to root the growth points if no more good root is left.

man those are rough! I'd definently be getting my $$ back!!

._. I just struck a deal with him to get N. Maxima, Ventricosa, Ventricosax Ephippiata, and Macrophylla..

._. I just struck a deal with him to get N. Maxima, Ventricosa, Ventricosax Ephippiata, and Macrophylla..

Rescind your offer. Josh was NOT informed of the sickly state of the plants before paying for them, which suggests serious lack of integrity on the part of the seller. Avoid!

I would probably get out of that deal If I were you. Or at least ask for pics

I saw the pictures. They look good enough I guess. Am I allowed to post the link?

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Here are links to the pictures. Do these look okay to you? For financial reasons and cultivation requirements. I have decided not to get the Macrophylla.
[REDACTED]

Last edited by a moderator:
They don't look too good....the first one in particular appears to have mite damage, or ot's been getting too much sun. Not a gamble I'd be willing to take.

Eric,
I viewed the original thread where [REDACTED] posted these plants for sale, and most of them looked absolutely dreadful. Many were ready for the compost bin and should never have been offered for sale! I assume from the tragic state of most of the plants he has offered that he hasn't a clue how to care for them and most will die from the stress of shipping. Seriously, don't give that guy money for these, buy from someone who sells healthy plants. Its not like there is any shortage of excellent suppliers in the US.

I mean, would YOU buy this plant????:
[REDACTED]

That's right....he is asking for MONEY for that. 'Nuff said.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is one of the worst looking nepenthes I've ever seen! And to think he's asking $60 for that!!!!

Where is this person selling all of these monstrosities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back