Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: net pots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked net pots until some of my plants started making roots outside of the pot. Also it tends to be a pain in the *** when trying to transplant them cause the roots end up wrapping all around the netting and you have to carefully cut the pot apart to save the roots. Also the media tended to dry out a lot quicker and I had to water almost everyday in the summer. I'm back to regular square pots now.
    cheers,
    Rob
    My CP Page (WIP) See my webpage for my Grow List
    Modified AC for Highland Terrarium

cps4lif
    @ robthered, thats a really good point, never really consider the roots growing out of the pot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robthered View Post
    I liked net pots until some of my plants started making roots outside of the pot. Also it tends to be a pain in the *** when trying to transplant them cause the roots end up wrapping all around the netting and you have to carefully cut the pot apart to save the roots. Also the media tended to dry out a lot quicker and I had to water almost everyday in the summer. I'm back to regular square pots now.
    I never had too much of an issue with roots growing through the netting; and since I water those Nepenthes by the tray method (usually discouraged but safe with net pots), drying out has never been an issue . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBella View Post
    I never had too much of an issue with roots growing through the netting; and since I water those Nepenthes by the tray method (usually discouraged but safe with net pots), drying out has never been an issue . . .
    I think my plants were growing through through the pots because i had LFS as a substrate.

If I think about it more, the plants that were in net pots in the other tank that didnt have any substrate didnt grow through the pots.

So I think you're safe if you avoid having a substrate below your net pots.
    cheers,
    Rob
    My CP Page (WIP) See my webpage for my Grow List
    Modified AC for Highland Terrarium

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12