Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thagirion's Nepenthes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks potted plants. Yeah I can't wait for them to get enormous.

Thez yo, really? Oh no, darn it. Sigh, that's annoying because that means all the plants I bought from this person are not what they were sold to me as. And I'm still enough of a beginner to not know the difference especially on younger plants. Great, I try to avoide hybrids and end up with them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah definitely N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana. The same thing happened to me. BUt that doesn't necessarily mean that the other plants you got were mislabeled. That particular cross was being mislabeled as bubridgeae for some reason for quite some time.

At least look at it this way, that hybrid has been sold for 80+ dollars in the past... I wasn't all that bummed to buy mine for 10 bucks. Plus it is a really awesome hybrid.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I compared the pics of young pitchers on CP photo find and it's obvious it's this hybrid. I got mine for $8 as it was on sale. So yeah if it was going for $80 when properly labled that's good. It's a healthy plant but I thought I was talking good care of a burb. Now I need to add that to my want list and start looking again. I try to only have species but some hybrids have found their way into my collection like this. I'm still slightly disapointed. All the plants I bought are healthy and nice just not what I thought they were. Now I need to go rename all my flicker pics. I hope it will be nice when it gets big.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He he a species snob like me. The thing is it is different with neps than orchids. Seems the hybrids are harder to come by and in mire demand so they cost more. I find many species to be cheaper.

Awesome plants Des.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, when I started I was all "Species only"! But then I was given some hybrids and I can't say no to a free nepenthes. Then I aquired some on accident like this one and a few other mislabled ones hehe. There are only a handful on my want list because they have genetics of species I really like. But yeah other than that I'm just into species.

Thanks JB.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a sucker for ham hybrids. Have platy x hamud, vent x ham, got spath x ham x2 and sing x hdm coming. I also love the dragon series done a while back. But Aldo collecting species. Don't fret what I'm sending is hybrids. ;-) go out next week.

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Or is it ham x platy
    JB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember I do make an exception for hybrids under those conditions. The only ham hybrid I like is the spathulata one because it looks most like a normal hamata. Thanks. I can't wait. I like lowii hybrids and merrilliana hybrids. Because no one knows I like merrillianas right?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Merrilliana gets the super huge pitchers right?? I'm a truncata nut myself.
    JB

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast