Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nepenthes Seeds Sowing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nepenthes Seeds Sowing

Kulamauiman and Exo gave me some Nepenthe Ventricosa seeds. Thank men. This is the first time I sow Nep. seeds. I put them in cups and fill with coconut coir. The first round I got 5 seedlings (sacrificed one so picture has only 4).

One and a half month later I sow the second round and got some more. . I sow some seeds in vitro but only one survive and too small to take picture.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice. I had some from that same batch. By the way, which TC media did you use, since N. ventricosa is fairly bulletproof in vitro?
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice flasker.Now it time to get some invitro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great. Congrats. I hope this will be my year to succeed with seeds.

Getting There...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've asked this question of others...but how moist should the media be? I have my seeds on LFS in a humidity dome for seedlings. Should I have any water standing in the bottom? Or should I just keep it damp to the touch and add more if it starts to dry?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BigBella,
    I use MS and DKW. First I try 1/4 MS and standard sterilization: no contamination but no germination. Lower the sterilization -> contamination. I adjust sterilization but no sign of live. I use DKW then change the concentration a dozen times. It drives me like a nut. When I almost give up I see a green dot. Hope it survives. It's too early to say but I know exactly the problem. When I get fresh seeds I will try again.

TheLarge,
    I tried your Nep seeds: no contamination but no sign of live yet. I take a look at Cali Car. and see Nep seeds for sell. is it reliable? I see your Cep micropropagation !!!. It's amazing man.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

same batch of seeds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vbkid View Post
    I've asked this question of others...but how moist should the media be? I have my seeds on LFS in a humidity dome for seedlings. Should I have any water standing in the bottom? Or should I just keep it damp to the touch and add more if it starts to dry?
    Vbkid,
    My favor media for seeds is coconut coir. I wash it many times to eliminate salt. I put it in a cup add distilled water to almost wet. Put seeds on the surface and cover completely with wrapper and put under fluorescent light. If the media is too dry I spray with distilled water. So far it works for VFT, Drosera, Dionaea seeds too. I love coir because it doesn't get mold and fungi even it's high humidity. I did not try with LFS yet so I can't tell.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Bazillian seedlings kulamauiman !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast